CHAPTER 21

Chris' POV
November 6th, 2022

I put my navy blue jacket on which matches the rest of the new suit Dakota has got me. I look at my reflection and try to do something with my messy curly hair because I am going to be the plus one of the most beautiful girl attending the LACMA Gala this evening. Dakota kicked me out of our bedroom and she is in there being pampered by her staff and helped to get ready. I just had to come to the guest room to take a shower and get dressed... because yeah! She basically owns this house and my fucking ass. It's actually not like me to step into this kind of fancy events but I am fully devoted to spend time with her these last couple of months I have free before going on tour so if she is attending I am going with her.

I go downstairs and get myself a glass of water while I wait for her. I take a seat on the couch in the living room and look around. We have already moved most of the furniture we are taking with us to the other property we just bought. We have had a good time in this place, it is a shame that at the end it didn't fill our expectations concerning privacy. Besides from obviously needing a fresh start for this new stage of our relationship. I have good memories about spending time with my children here. They running around the house playing with Zeppelin. Dakota baking banana bread in the kitchen for us. Having our friends over. Making love in front of the fireplace. We felt like home here pretty quickly but I know the new place will be the perfect for us. Even though, we'll always remember this one because it was the first Dakota and I decided to get together.

The sound of her high heels on the wooden floor makes me look back just to watch Dakota coming down. I rapidly get on my feet and go to the end of the stairs to wait for her. I am in awe of her. She is wearing a cropped silver top with a pronounced cleavage paired with a pale pink satin high-waisted skirt. She looks gorgeous with her hair down and simple makeup. She stops midway and puts her hand on her chest.

- There he is! My arm candy for tonight! - she says with a flirty tone and I roll my eyes making her giggle. I extend my hand to help her get to where I am standing - Look at you in that suit! You look so hot, babe

- And you are so beautiful - I kiss her softly. When I step back she takes her hand to my mouth to wipe the lipstick from my lips. I playfully try to bite her fingers and she smiles -

- I am so happy you're going with me - she admits looking down at me with both her hands on the sides of my face caressing me behind my ears with her thumbs. She leans to give me a peck. She seems taller than me right now because she is standing on the first step of the stairs besides from wearing really high heels. I run my hands from her waist to her butt and attract her body to mine -

- I am excited to be your plus one tonight but I am more eager to get home later and get you out of this cropped top - I bury my face on her chest which makes her laugh. I give her a soft kiss on each of her boobs and look up at her who is beaming with joy -

- I am sorry but you look so handsome that I'm planning to stay long so I'll be able to show you off - I shake my head and laugh at her comments about my appearance -

- We'll see that

We get in the car and she is telling me what to expect from tonight's black-tie event. It is presented by Gucci so Alessandro Michele will be there and I am sure he's going to be all over Dakota because he loves her. He has named her his muse... happens the same with Luca Guadagnino. I guess her beauty and grace not only inspires me but others, too. Nonetheless, I am lucky enough to also have her as my life partner not just my muse.

When we get to the gala, she gets out of the car first escorted by our security. I put my face mask on trying to go unnoticed while following her from afar. She doesn't stop looking back to see where I am. Dakota goes straight to the red carpet to get photos taken and I directly enter the party. I meet inside with many people I know that I hadn't seen for a long time and they are truly surprised to see me in this type of event. Yes, that's Dakota Mayi Johnson's higher power, ladies and gentlemen! I do things for her that I honestly wouldn't do for anyone else.

- Chris!? - I hear a woman's voice calling my name out behind me. I turn and find Leslie Mann holding her husband Judd Apatow's hand. They are close friends of ours. Dakota and Leslie worked together back in 2015 and they frankly fell in love with each other. When we started dating, she introduced me to them and I immediately got along with Judd. We have had many fun nights out and they have also invited us to come over to their place and vice versa - I thought it was you! I can't believe you're here!

- Your dearest friend is responsible for this - I jokingly utter and both of them laugh while coming close to say hi. Leslie hugs me tight and Judd shakes my hand before patting my back -

- Oh! but you look so great... where is she?

- I think she forgot I came with her tonight - I joke making a silly face and they are all smiles - She'll be here soon. I left her on the red carpet like 10 minutes ago

- Actually, there she is - Leslie declares enthusiastically pointing behind me.

I turn my head just to see Dakota getting close. She is a living dream, her sophisticated way of walking on high heels is hypnotizing. I can't take my eyes off of her tonight. She grins at me so I know she is aware that I am gawking at her. Leslie rapidly meets her halfway and hugs her. Dakota is all smiles talking to her while Judd gets me into a conversation that momentarily gets me out of my reverie.

Judd sounds excited when talking about turning 54 in a month and is planning to go big when celebrating

Judd sounds excited when talking about turning 54 in a month and is planning to go big when celebrating. He asks me about silent discos as he knows I'm acquainted with the topic because Dakota has told Leslie about having one on her 30th birthday party that I threw for her. I am immediately taken back to that day. What a night that was!