CHAPTER 7

Chris' POV
October 13th, 2021. London.

Sunlight has slipped through the bedroom windows and it bothers me when I turn in my sleep. Shit! I completely forgot to close the blinds before going to bed last night. I roll over without opening my eyes and extend my arm looking for Dakota who I think is asleep next to me but to my absolute surprise, I'm on my own. I rapidly move to a seated position and frown staring at her side of the bed. She never wakes up first. I feel confused as I rub my face with my hands before stretching out while I curiously analyze my surroundings trying to find an explanation.

I can't help but chuckle when I notice a pair of clean sweatpants on the armchair, she was definitely sending me a message when she placed those there. She wants me to put them on as soon as I get out of bed which reminds me that neither of us were wearing any clothes last night so I basically lost my opportunity of starting the day the way I like the most. She is obviously nowhere to be seen but I can certainly hear her talking outside the bedroom. Who's there? I immediately get up, put the damn sweats on and follow the beautiful sound of her voice. I open the door and find Dakota only wearing her silk robe sitting on the couch while someone is polishing her toenails.

- Good morning, handsome - she says sassily with a smile while looking intently at me. I smirk and walk up to where she is -

- Good morning - I utter with a low voice as I lean forward to give her a peck on the lips. When I open my eyes after quickly kissing her, she's still smiling at me and her dreamy expression makes me feel as if I was high just for gazing her gorgeous face.

- I missed you when I woke up - I whisper so the woman doing her nails doesn't hear me -

- I'm happy you understood what I meant when I left those pants next to you. There was no need to introduce this kind lady to... hmm... Princess Sophia - she giggles really amused and I raise my eyebrow at her. - It's a reference from 'How to lose a guy in 10 days'! - she explains as if it was something really obvious. I roll my eyes while she continues to laugh. Dakota knows every damn line of that movie by heart. I shake my head and kiss her -

- How dare you to call my dick 'Princess Sophia' ?

- We should look for a proper name for it though - she winks at me and I laugh out loud -

- What's going on here?

- Premiere tonight, remember? - she murmurs while she caresses my face with her fingers - Kate together with a hairdresser and a make-up artist are coming over later. Mark and Georgie didn't make it this time.

- Will you be gone the whole night? - I enquire making puppy eyes at her. I completely forgot she had the premiere tonight after yesterday's excitement. I'll be finally free for a couple of days and I had planned to entirely dedicate them to her - I thought we'd have some alone time tonight to talk and stuff

- I'll try to be back before midnight, baby - she murmurs patiently and holds my chin before kissing me on the lips - There's an afterparty but I promise I won't stay long

- Ok - I kiss her forehead then her lips- I love you

- I love you more

I walk back into the bedroom thinking of what to do this evening to distract myself until she's back. I hate having to share her with the rest of the world. I sigh while I brush my teeth and look at myself in the bathroom mirror. What if I go with her? I shake my head. Nah, we don't do that kind of stuff and maybe she'll feel overwhelmed after my public declaration last night. Although, she appears to have truly enjoyed it. I look through my clothes in the suitcase to see if I brought any decent outfit and find a white shirt and pair of black trousers that would make it to a premiere, I need a jacket and a tie though.

• • • •

I come back to our room hours later after working out in the hotel gym for a while and paying a quick visit to the nearest clothing store. Dakota looks curious as she watches me enter the room carrying a shopping bag. I wink at her in response but speedily hide in our bedroom one more time. She's out there with her staff who are already helping her to get ready and I don't want to bother neither want her to know that I've planned to attend with her. It will be a surprise...a pleasing one I wish! I shiver just thinking about the possibility of her hating the idea. I'll have to stay by myself here wearing a fucking suit if she doesn't want me to go.

I shake my head and try to stay positive as I place the new articles of clothing I just bought in bed so they won't get all wrinkled. Kim escorted me to get these and she said I should had bought shoes, too. Hell no! I have plenty of shoes already. I'm wearing sneakers and I don't think Dakota would care. She'll be surely pleased with the suit because she loves - more than I'd like her to - seeing me wearing fucking suits. I hurry into the shower because for what I overheard when I entered the room, they were giving her the finishing touches which means she'll come here to say goodbye any minute now and I need to be ready when that happens. I'm fortunately fixing up my tie when the door is opened, I'm left speechless as I turn to look at her standing in the threshold.

Wow! She's a vision. I gawk at Dakota as she closes the door behind her. She has her gorgeous long wavy hair down and is wearing a beautiful long sleeve gown with feather cuffs. The dress has little sparkles everywhere coming from the encrusted jewelry and she certainly looks inches taller thanks to her golden heels that tie around her ankles. In moments like this, I can't get my head around the fact that this goddess is actually mine. Her pretty face looks puzzled as she makes her way to where I'm standing.

- Where are you going? Are you seeing anyone while I'm at the premiere? - she enquires and I grin staring at her while I button my jacket -

- I'm going out tonight with someone worth wearing a suit for - I lean forward and plant a soft kiss on her lips. She looks up at me and frowns - You look breathtaking

- Who is that? - she says ignoring my compliment and even sounds a bit jealous. I can't help but laugh while I put a lock of hair behind her ear. I then notice she's also wearing long earrings -

- Of course, it's you - I murmur - Do I wear suits for anyone else?

- You're coming with me? - she asks using a very high-pitched tone. Her eyes are wide opened in disbelief while I nod and see her shocked expression transforming into a broad smile -

- If you want me to, of course... - I mutter and wink at her. She suddenly puts her arms around my waist and hugs me really tight -

- I love you - she says overexcited against my mouth giving me non-stop butterfly kisses while hopping up and down on her high heels - I love you so much!