CHAPTER 12

Chris' POV
Flashback...

I am collecting the plates from the dinner table and taking them to the kitchen where Dakota is washing them. I leave the last glasses beside the sink and lean to plant a kiss on the back of her head. I stand behind her and she slightly turns her face to look up at me and smiles when I kiss her again but this time on her cheek. We just had Dakota's friends over after spending the past months away. I have been traveling like crazy promoting my new single and Dakota was in the UK shooting a movie. I flew to be with her as soon as I finished the Higher Power promo in New York because I couldn't resist being away from her any longer so I took some days off and dedicated my spare time to rest, make music and basically wait for Dakota to come back home from work.

At dinner tonight, everyone was interested in our last weeks in Mallorca. We visited Spain because I had a shooting with the band for a new video so Dakota and I seize the opportunity and spent couple of days completely by ourselves in the heavenly Spanish island. Blake was cracking jokes all night saying we still had sand in weird parts of our bodies after surely walking around naked all the time and having sex on the beach... he was wrong about the sand part but not the rest, for sure. Dakota was beaming with joy, she deeply loves her friends, and they are more like family to her. All her attention tonight was entirely focused on her goddaughter Ezer though. Anytime that beautiful baby girl is around, Dakota doesn't have eyes for anyone else. My heart melts when I see them, I know she will be a perfect mother... She has always been great with my children and I just wonder when she will be ready to have kids of our own... maybe after we get marry I can finally persuade her. My eyes go down to her wet hands looking for the engagement ring. She is wearing it, she hasn't taken it off since I gave it to her even though we never talk about the wedding.

- I think Ezer should be the flower girl in our wedding - I gently comment -

- That'd be cute - she doesn't sound really interested -

- Have you planned anything for the wedding yet?

- I haven't - I am not liking her attitude. I position myself beside Dakota to look at her face and she ignores me-

- When are you planning the wedding?

- I haven't had the time, okay? You know I have been busy with work

- That wasn't what I asked, Dakota -a glass slips from her hands and falls to the sink which makes a loud sound but I don't take my eyes off her face -

- Soon - she mumbles with a really bad-tempered tone and a straight face... and it hits me like a lightning: she doesn't want to get married. I asked her so and she remains quiet -

- Answer me! - I yell because I am really pissed off now -

- Don't fucking dare to speak to me like that - she states pointing at me with her index finger in a threatening way -

- Answer my fucking question then. Do you want to get married? Yes or no?

- Didn't I say yes? - she turns away and walks out of the kitchen drying her hands with a towel -

- Months ago! - I yell following her to the dining room -... and still you have no interest in planning anything. I haven't heard of a more uninterested bride

- Why are you so fucking hurried? - She says in an exasperating tone while she raises her arms to the air - What do you think marriage is going to bring to our relationship? It's a fucking paper!

- You're not taking this seriously. You have been playing with me. Why would you wear that ring if you think that way about marrying me? You obviously hate the idea