Chapter Thirty

We reached home at seven at night. Ronan parked his car at the quiet house. I had already texted the lot that we had entered the colony. We both got out and the first thing that Ronan did was knock on his neighbor's door and retrieve Silver.

“Did you miss me?” He cooed and hugged Silver to his chest. Silver also enjoyed his company seeing how he didn’t even care that I was also giving him some scratches behind his ears. Ronan opened his room and put him inside. He gave him food and water as I sat down on his bed. I had come inside his room after a long time. 

“I talked to the landlord. I forgot to tell you about it.” Ronan told me while going through his closet for a change of clothes. 

“What landlord?” 

“For the apartment. Since you wanted your own, I asked him to look for a free unit around the area. We both can go look around and see which one you like.” I had completely forgotten about that. Did I agree to coming with him? And when did he talk to the landlord? He glanced at me when I didn’t reply. 

“What is it?” 

“Nothing.” I shook my head. I couldn’t tell him now. Tomorrow, maybe. Or after he had celebrated his birthday. 

“It looks like something.” He narrowed his eyes and I smiled at him.

“Hurry up. We need to join the party. If the birthday boy is absent, everything will be ruined.” 

“Alright.” He walked inside the bathroom and changed into a black buttoned-down shirt and matching black pants. He put on a belt and ran a wet hand through his hair. He pulled the sleeves up and glanced at me from the mirror. 

“What are you looking at?” He turned to me and left the front two buttons open.

“You look hot.” 

“I dressed to impress. I succeeded.” He leaned down and I giggled as he prepped kisses on my neck. He went up and kissed me deeply until my back was touching the mattress. I pulled away as my phone rang. He stood up as I looked at the caller ID expecting that the guys were calling us. But it was mom. I ignored the call and grabbed the phone. I knew Ronan was watching but he didn’t say anything at all. 

We both walked hand in hand to the beach. My jaw dropped seeing the way it was decorated. There was a table set up in the middle illuminated by lamps. There was a canopy made around the table and white clothes hung from it along with curtains of fairy lights. It had to be pre-planned. There was no way they came up with this on the spot. 

“Happy birthday!” All of them yelled as he came. He smiled and greeted them all with hugs. Kristen came running with a birthday hat and put it on his head.

“God, no. Not this.” He groaned. 

“Why? It is a crucial look.” 

“It is ruining the look.” He tried to grab it but Kristen slapped his hand away. He looked at me for help but I put my hands up in surrender. 

“Light the candles.” Tory hissed and I laughed seeing the giant ass pink cake with a picture of Ronan captured from his nose. Ronan facepalmed and I busted my lungs laughing. 

“You look like a donkey,” I said and laughed once more as we all sat down on the chairs.

“I should’ve known,” Ronan shook his head and blew the candle. We all sang him a happy birthday and he cut the cake. I opened my mouth as he carefully let me take a bite. Then came Dylan, and Ronan smashed the piece of cake on his entire face like face cream.

“That's for not deleting the photo even when I warned you too,” Ronan smirked as Dylan glared at him. That’s when the war between them started and their friendship ended. Kidding.