2. The evil prince and the angelic prince

That night, General Andrei rode his horse to the palace. "Your grace." one of the guards greeted him. He walked around the vast halls of the palace, in the hallway filled with photos of royalty, to a big wooden door leading into the study room of the king.

General Andrei knocked on the big wooden door that leads into the king's study. He saw the king casually reviewing some of the scrolls presented by the ministers earlier that day.

"Greetings, Your Majesty," He greeted.

The king looked up at him and smiled. "Oh! General Andrei! I didn't expect a visit from you this late at night." The king immediately set aside his work and asked the servants to bring the wine.

"So, what do you want to discuss?" the king asked.

General Andrei hesitated, but he told the king the whole story about the attack. The king frowned and took a sip from his cup. "Hmm..how dare they attack my general in his residence! do you have any idea who did this?" the king was outraged as he asked the general about it.

General Andrei gave the letter to the king, in which it read,

"Do you like my gift?"

                             -L

The king was shocked by what he read. "That little-" he quickly calmed down and looked at the General. "Are you sure about this?" The king asked. Andrei nodded. "I don't know any other person that bears a grudge against me than him, my king. Unfortunately, this is the only proof I've got." He says, making the king furrow his brows.

"If that's true then I apologize for my son's unusual actions. But you must keep in mind, General, he's just a child. His grudge about you is understandable, but I believe he will forgive you in time." The king's words did not impress the general. But he cannot do anything about it, he could only just agree.

"I understand the prince's hatred towards me. All I ask is for him not to implicate my family. My wife was injured because of the attack! Please, my king, I know you're fair and reasonable. I know you'll find justice for your loyal servant," Andrei said, bowing to the king.

"Your wife is hurt?" The king pinched the skin between his eyes. He could no longer defend his son. "Of course! I shall compensate your family and those who were hurt! And rest assured general Andrei, I shall see to it that the prince is punished!" In the end, the king had no choice but to comply with what the general is asking.

That night, General Andrei left the palace knowing that he achieved his victory. The king was very furious, he couldn't believe that he raised such a troublemaker! But that is the least of the general's problems, for now, he's happy that he achieved justice for his family. That day he didn't know, that, that event would sparkle a bigger grudge between the prince and him.

The next day, the king asked for the crown prince in his study. Crown prince Lufian entered the room to find out that queen Rain and his brother Wynchell, which is only 5 years old are there as well.

"Greetings,  Father," he said, he looked at the queen and only nodded his head.

"Lufian, don't you want to greet your mother?" the king asked.

Lufian scoffed and said, "she's not my mother!"

"Lufian!" the king clenched his fists, but the queen held him back.

"Your Majesty, Mind your health," she said lovingly.

"What do you need me here for father?"  Lufian asked, his gaze turned dark as soon as he saw the sweetness between his father and the queen.

"The General's ball last night... is it your doing?" the king turned serious, but Lufian remains unfazed. The queen was shocked but her posture remained calm. "Your Majesty, Lufian is just a kid how could the general blame him for-"