16. The tribe of Bellator

|Luzhiah's POV|

After a few hours of walking and searching, Lufian raised his hand to halt our movements. "Someone's watching us," he whispered. He reached out and grabbed my hand, and walked slowly.

As soon as I accidentally stepped on a twig, Well armed men surrounded us, their arrows directly pointed at our faces. Lufian placed his hand in Infront of me as a form of protection.

"Drop your weapons if you want to live!" One man commanded us. It seems to me that he's the leader of the group, for some reason, I can see a resemblance between him and Lufian.

Lufian reluctantly dropped his sword, I followed his lead and dropped mine as well. The guards pushed us and led us to a path by the cave. The darkness made it hard for us to find the way, but the men with us seem to know it very well.

After a few minutes of darkness, I finally saw light. We were led to a village, not too small, but not too fancy either. The leader brought us to a wooden house. Upon entering, we saw an old man sitting on a throne. The throne is made of vines, the upper part was dried but the lower part is still green.

"Who are they? Abrecan?" The old man spoke with such power and presence. I looked at the man who is called Abrecan as he tells the old man about us.

"We found them in our islands, they arrived with a hundred men behind them. Armed, if I must say. I think they're here to attack us!" He said.

I struggled to get out of one of the guard's grip. But their strength is on another level, even Lufian struggled.

"Who dares to attack the tribe of Bellator?!" The old man furiously asked. He looked at me and Lufian seeking answers.

"We came here not to attack, but to make you honor a promise that you once made!" Lufian's voice echoed around the room. He's showing his authority even in a place where he has none.

"Who are you?" The old man asked as he stared at Lufian's blue eyes. His eyes seemed to have turned darker than how it usually was.

Lufian forcefully broke free from the guards. "I am Lufian, son of Elenah of Bellator," upon saying his name, the old man ordered the guards to let us go.

"You're Elenah's son?" He stood up from the throne and approached Lufian. "My grandson!" He exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around Lufian.

"You must be Theomund, leader of the Bellator tribe," Lufian said. The old man nodded.

"Where is she? Your mother?" He questioned. "How is she doing?" He asked again.

"She's long gone," were the only words that I heard. But it's full of sadness and grief. Theomund looked down in disappointment. Even Abrecan was taken aback by the news that they heard.

"Why don't you stay here for a while? The last time I saw you was when she held you as a baby," Theomund suggested, his attention shifting to me.

"And this lady is?" He questioned.

"She's Luzhiah Emeralds, one of the daughters of nobility in Avilandrah," Lufian casually explained, "A warrior in her own way," he added, his eyes looking at mine. I smiled at him and made a slight bow to Theomund, to show respect.

"A woman with a sword? Ha! I'm impressed," Theomund praised.

Because of his grandson's arrival, Theomund ordered his people to prepare for a grand feast.
"You should stay for the night," he suggested, Lufian doesn't want to, but because he needs to, he agreed.

One of the maids brought us into two different rooms. Lufian furrowed his brows, "I wish we brought Blaze here, that way I can be sure that you're safe," his thoughts made me laugh.