17. Acquaintances meet again

We traveled for 8 days until we reached the borders of Avilandrah. "Stay beside me at all costs," Lufian told me as we walk near the Avilandrian forest. "You know how dangerous this forest could be, especially now that there could be soldiers from Galaxirah here."

"Why did we go here?" I asked, "The Bellator tribe won't be here until the 5th full moon," I added. I lowered my tone so that only he could hear me.

"We are here to check on the military conditions," he replied. "I cannot really trust anyone to do it, we do not know who is a friend or a foe," he glared at the company behind us.

Suddenly, the bushes began to shake. Arrows were fired killing most of our men. Lufian quickly wrapped his arms around me protecting me from possible danger. The men from the bushes jumped out and started fighting us. "An ambush!" Leon yelled.

We all went into our positions, and after months of traveling and training with Lufian, my sword skills became better each day. I swiftly sliced whoever it is that attacks me. One of them pulled my hair and dragged me away from the company, suddenly, I see their number growing.  Lufian was surrounded! They even managed to take his sword away, but even then, he was still fighting.

I looked around and I saw no sign of Blaze, I gripped my sword tightly and stabbed the man who pulled my hair. "Lufian!" I yelled his name and tossed him my sword. As soon as he catches it, Blaze immerged from the back and I hopped on his back. He didn't hesitate to rip those soldiers apart. I reached my hand and grabbed Lufian's, I pulled him up and asked Blaze to run faster.

"Leon! Fall back!" Lufian ordered, Leon nodded and rode his horse. Fortunately, Blaze is a natural sprinter. We were able to outrun the enemy and kill most of them. As we reached a proper distance, Leon took his bow and shot the remaining soldiers.

"We can't afford to be snitched on, not now," he said, he unmounted the horse and checked on those who are injured.

Lufian was silent throughout the commotion. He unmounted Blaze and faced me. Suddenly he said something I didn't like. "Go back," he commanded me.

"What?" I asked for confirmation.

"I said, go back!" He repeated. "You shouldn't have come, it's too dangerous for you," his tone is gentle, but I refuse to accept his command.

"I won't leave you here!" I replied.

"You aren't supposed to be here in the first place! I can't afford to look after you during this dangerous battle! It will only destruct me from my goal!" His tone became stronger and more fierce. "Leon, send Luzhiah back in Octaviah now!" I'm not liking this, I cannot go back.

"What happened to you treating me the same as the others? What happened to you believing that even a woman like me can make a change in this world?" I couldn't contain my anger anymore. I did it! I talked back at him.

Lufian gritted his teeth and tightened his fists. He didn't say anything anymore, he just walked away from the group.

I walked away in the opposite direction, Leon saw me and called out. "Lady Luzhiah!" He tried to catch up but I raised my hand to stop him.

"Tell him that if he doesn't want me anymore, I'm leaving!" I bluffed, I was just trying to go and get some air. I'm not really going to leave him, I didn't know then that he would take that seriously.

|3rd person|

Benjamin and Wynchell, along with Adrianna arrived at the border forest. They were fed up with Adriana's whining. She complains about everything and tells annoying stories about how they don't even let her lift a finger in the castle.