25. Wedding and Coronation

|Luzhiah|

After leaving Lufian with my father, I went walking in the royal garden with my mother beside me. She gave me uneasy glances. Well specifically, she keeps looking at the ring on my finger. "My dear, If you don't mind me asking..." she started. I already know her intentions, so I stopped and gave her a smile. I lifted my hand to show her the ring.

"King Lufian gave it to me," I told her, I can't help but remember that night of his proposal. One of the happiest moments of my life. I unconsciously found myself smiling. I awkwardly looked away and tried to change the topic. "Anyway, Mom don't you think the flowers are gorgeous?" I asked, trying to shift the conversation.

My mom laughed elegantly as she took my hand and looked at the ring once more. "My dear, you don't have to hide anything from me. I've seen your affection for him that night in Octaviah. you might  still be in denial then, but your actions are the same as mine when I fell for your father." She smiled and cupped my cheek, "Listen to me my dear girl, I am happy for you. The king might not have a good relationship with us in the past, but what it is today proves that love can change everything."

I smiled as my mom wrapped me in her embrace. A little while later, I saw Lufian and Father walking towards us. I looked at Lufian questioningly he nodded indicating that my father already approved of our relationship. "Father..." I said as he approached me.

"Luzhiah, you certainly never fail to surprise me," he said and he run his fingers through my hair. "You brought us all together. And for that, I'm proud of you," he said as he hugged me and my mother.

My father asked Lufian to let me go home with them until the moment of our marriage. He agreed immediately. So, I spent the days before the wedding at our household being spoiled by my parents. They would cook me everything I wanted, they reasoned that after my wedding everything will change. I will be queen and I will have a lot of responsibilities to cover, although I am quite nervous, I've already made my choice! I'll gladly take on that responsibility, no matter how heavy it is. I won't possibly let Lufian carry that alone would I?

After a few weeks, Prince Eldian and my brother returned to Avilandrah. Wynchell also returned a few hours after them with the news that the king of Galaxirah jumped off a cliff and met his end. 

"Are you certain?" Lufian asked.

"Yes, brother, I've seen it with my own eyes." he replied.

"Great! then there is no problem then! We should plan the wedding as soon as possible!" Father said, clasping his hands, relieved that our family is no longer hiding from anyone. 

"Wedding? Who's getting married?" Wynchell asked. 

My father looked at him and turned to me, he was hesitant to say something. "Uh..." his hesitance made Wynchell realize what's happening. He looked at me and his brother. "Oh, I see...I congratulate you both, you deserve to be happy!" He was surprised upon learning about our engagement, but he forced a smile and offered his support.

I do hope that he would get on with life and find someone he love one day, the great memories he gave me back then, I am thankful for them. But such is life, sometimes we realize that our hearts never really belonged to someone until we found the one.

Prince Eldian walked up to me and smiled. "I believe you'll make an excellent queen! congratulations," he said. I nodded in response, expressing my gratitude. Lufian reached for my hand as we speak, giving me an encouraging smile.

Soon, all of the people around us, my friends, my family, approaches us to give their support...

Time flies so fast, days go by like hours and hours go by like minutes. In just a blink of an eye, I was already standing in front of the large halls wearing a long sleeve royal ball gown, laced with gold, my hair styled into a fancy bun, it is styled with diamond flower pins. I looked at Lufian who's beside me wearing his Black suit with golden embroidery, His long black furry cape touches the floor. And his hair neatly combed back, making him more majestic than he ever was. He looked at me with his absolutely terrifying but gorgeous ocean blue eyes and locked his arms around mine.