15. Hidden feelings

|Octaviah|

As morning came, Adrianna dragged Wynchell to the garden to have a walk with her.  Wynchell spaced out completely during his walk with princess Adrianna. The princess was telling him stories about the kingdom, he, however, wonders why he hasn't seen Luzhiah yet. He heard that she went to the city of Octaviah, but for some reason, he finds it hard to believe it. As if something is not right.

"And then, we should do the wedding here! Or if you wanted to do it in Avilandrah, then we could do it there too!!" Adrianna noticed that Wynchell wasn't listening to her. She nudged him, bringing him back to his senses.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"You're not listening to me this whole time!" It's obvious that she's starting to get annoyed. Based on her tone. "I am talking about our wedding!" She repeated herself, glaring at the man in front of her.

"Oh, yes.." he mumbled, he took a deep breath and faced her directly. "About that..." He gathered all his courage to look into her eyes. He looked at her knowing glance. He knew the consequences of his actions would destroy the relationship between the two kingdoms, but he had to do it.

His heart belongs only to Luzhiah. After the war in Nerian, he realized that he could only live once. He was wrong to make Luzhiah cry and for once he would want to go with what he wanted.

"I don't want to marry you," his words are like swords that stabbed Adrianna's heart. Her anger and jealousy once again targeted Luzhiah.

"And who do you want to marry? Luzhiah?" She laughed making Wynchell look at her.

"How adorable, you are willing to sacrifice the kingdom alliance for a woman. It's too bad," she walked slowly around Wynchell, touching his face and forcing him to look at her. "It's too bad, she doesn't love you!" Her voice was firm as if she was telling the truth.

"What do you mean?" Wynchell questioned. "You know nothing about her!" He said, obviously her words affected him hard.

"She was here a few days ago," Adrianna smiled with much satisfaction in her eyes looking at the confused prince in front of her. "She never thought of you once! I've heard, she even denied her engagement with you. ' A rumor that people made up ' is what she said."

"Where is she?" That is the only thing that he could ask. His eyes are flaring up, anger building up inside of them. To whom is his anger directed? Only he knew.

"I don't know, probably somewhere in Avilandrah with your beloved brother," upon hearing her voice, Wynchell widened his eyes.

"My brother? Why is she with him? He is the last person she wanted to be with! She fears him with all her life!" He said grabbing Adrianna and letting out his worry and anger on her.

"Fear? I didn't see any fear in her when she danced with him under the moonlight when she risked being humiliated for being a woman carrying a sword, vowing to protect him with her life," she told him with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

"I will not fall for your lies! You're not going to change my decision, I won't marry you!" This Wynchell in front of her is different than the one she always knew. His anger and tone became different as the darkness of his anger overtook him. But Adrianna failed to notice that, she smiled, slowly backing away from him.

"This wedding is going to happen. Whether you like it, or not!" She threatened before walking back into the palace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Southern Island of Octaviah|

Luzhiah opened her eyes, she heard the rustling and movements of people around her. She looked towards the campfire in which the woods already turned into ashes. She smell a familiar scent around her, she looked down and saw the black fur coat of Lufian wrapped around her. As she touched it, she noticed another fur beside it, she laughed as the tiger woke up.