9. Lost in the mountain

|Back in Avilandrah|

Lufian is doing the work left by his father when Leon came running toward his office. Lufian looked at him and asked, "Report?"

Leon took a while to catch his breath before speaking, "My prince, we found Galaxirian soldiers near the Avilandrian borders!" He reported.

"How many?" Lufian asked.

"Approximately 10,000 men, my prince," Leon replied.

"And our people? How many soldiers didn't go to Nerian?" He asked.

"My prince, we have 4,000 soldiers here in Avilandrah at this moment."

Lufian shook his head, "No, that won't do... Send our men to every city in Avilandrah gather all women and children ...tell them to bring only what they need, They should leave the kingdom at once! And tell the men to stay, we're going to defend the castle!"

Lufian asked one of the maids to come over, "Ask princess Adrianna to meet me at the throne room now!" He said as he made his way to the throne room.

A little while later the princess went in, "Crown prince...you asked for me?" She asked.

"Yes, I want you to leave Avilandrah," he said without hesitation.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Lufian looked at her and said, "I order you to lead the people to Octaviah, you're the one that knows the way better than anyone else, use your secret path if you must! you leave at sunset today."

"No, I'm not leaving this palace! I'm going to wait for Wynchell!" She demanded.

Lufian was getting annoyed at the woman in front of him, he took a deep breath and said, "There's no use waiting for him here when you're already dead! There are 10,000 Galaxirian men out there ready to strike!"

Lufian walked closer to her and whispered, "If one of my people gets hurt because of your selfishness, I'll make your man suffer!"

Princess Adrianna got scared of Lufian's threat so she said, "I... I'll get into it... your majesty." She quickly exited the room and went to get ready.

|Emeralds household|
(Luzhiah's POV)

I looked at the flowers swaying with the wind as I feel the breeze on my skin. The pain in my heart still lingers as I remember the happenings that occurred. I also worry about the safety of my father and brother.

Suddenly, I saw a man talking to our guard. I went downstairs to check what was going on.

"My lady, the crown prince orders every woman and child to evacuate the kingdom at once!" The guard said.

"What's the matter?" I asked, the man dressed in full armor stepped in and said, "Galaxirah is planning to attack the kingdom and we're outnumbered."

I understood immediately, I ordered the servants to prepare themselves. After preparing, we followed the guard to the meeting place where we waited for people coming from different places.

"Is this all of it?" A woman's voice was heard. I looked at her and realized who she was, the woman that kissed Wynchell that night. The one he chose. She looked in my direction and approached me.

"Greetings, princess Adrianna," I said and I curtsied.

She smiled and said, "Nice to meet you, lady..."

"Luzhiah Emeralds, my princess," I replied.

"So, You're the one they call Lady Emeralds. Well, it's nice to finally meet you." She said with a smile, "Is your family ready? we need to leave in an instant! Don't worry, I'm sure you're going to love it in Octaviah!" she added. I smiled and nodded at her, I can see why Wynchell chose her over me. She's beautiful and very nice. Perhaps she is the better option.