~Part 3~

Y/ns pov
Next thing I know, I'm in front of JJ against the wall outside the window with no room, so we are face to face and he is holding on to me, so I don't fall. John B is aside from us. While John B was looking through the window to see what was going on, he looks at me and JJ and we look at Pope and he was whispering, "What are you guys doing?" I just shrugged because I didn't know what was going on while JJ put a finger over his mouth and just smiled at them and then looked at me. John B was still looking through the window to see what was happening in the room and he seen the sheriff take some money and give some to his partner. "What the f--" JJ whispered "what's going on I can't move dude." I said, while trying to wiggle and see. "Do you believe..." JJ whispered and then the gun fell out of his pocket and my foot slipped from him, trying to grab it. "Dude! Ow!" I said, yelling at him but still whispering while getting my foot back in place.

 The gun fell on the garbage making a loud noise and JJ pushed me against the wall more and pushed his body closer to mine so we couldn't be seen. I had butterflies in my stomach, but I couldn't do a thing about it. Then sheriff Shoup walked over to the window and opened the blinds, which caused me to flinch and Pope and Kie hurry and went back into their spots trying to act normal. JJ looked at John B and John B put a finger over his mouth, telling him to be quiet. I took a deep breath and pushed JJ off of me a little so we could get down. We all got back on the Pogue.

 "Well, that was fun. Could have warned us sooner." JJ said while he let out a chuckle. "We would have, except Pope was on the math team." Kie said, looking at us. "Wait what?" I questioned looking at Pope. "You we're on the math team?" JJ asked, but he didn't answer. "The cops took everything like it was a crime scene." John B said, "Did you guys find anything?" Pope questioned us. I shook my head. "I didn't." I said, "Did we find anything? No, I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did." JJ said while pulling out a wad of a cash and the gun. I rolled my eyes because I knew he took something. 

"What the hell?" Pope questioned madly, looking at JJ, "Dude, what?" Kie asked, looking at me then JJ. "Dude, chill. Come on." JJ said while standing up, "Why take that from a crime scene?" Pope questioned, walking over to JJ and me, "It's better than cops having it bro." JJ added. I looked at then she looked at John B. "You serious?" She asked, "I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship." Pope said "Hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh, sh, sh. At least you have us, right?" JJ said while putting the gun against his lips then moving it, "I'm living the nightmare." Pope said, while sitting down.

 Next thing we know, we see a dead body getting rolled away on a stretcher. "Who's that?" John B asked I hear this random girl start talking "It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got." She said, showing us "Dead body." She said with a dumb voice. "Ew, that's gross dude." I said, looking away while I rolled my eyes. "Insane." I heard Kie say, "Holy shit." Pope added. "What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asked the girl, "Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it." The girl said. I looked at JJ, then John B looked at JJ with a worried and confused looked. We all went back to the Chateau and sat on the porch. John B was tossing a beer bottle up in the air while I was braiding a piece of my hair and taking a hit of my Juul and JJ was playing with his Zippo lighter. 

"Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia." Pope said, busting through the door and sitting down next to Kie. I look at Pope and start to say something "okay bu-" then JJ interrupts me "Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny." He says while pointing at Pope and stands up. "Guys, we can't keep that money." Kiara said while looking at JJ and John B. I just shrugged my shoulders "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ said while looking towards Kiara then she added "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, its bad karma." Which caused me to look up from fiddling with my rings. "She's kinda right." I added to the conversation.