~Part 6~

Y/ns pov
⚠️ MATURE LANGUAGE ⚠️
⚠️SMOKING⚠️
As we all settled down in the chateau from finding the package at the graveyard, we went into the kitchen. JJ was making a sandwich, and the bread has had mold on it. "That bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope said while walking pass "I'll just pull off the bad parts.

Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism." JJ said while he finished making his sandwich, "JJ! Yn!" Kie yelled for us to come here. "Yup, yup, yup! Hot damn! Let's do it!" JJ said while walking over. I followed behind him. John B started to open the FedEx package that said for Bird on it and JJ took a bite of his sandwich "Mmm..." JJ started to say, then started to gag and he spit the bite of sandwich out into the garbage.

As we were waiting for John B to get the things that were in the package out, we all sat in silence. John B started to unwrap the folded map that had marker markings all over the map.

"Holy shit." John B said looking at the map, "Oh, X marks the spot." Pope said and pointed at the X on the map. "Longitude, latitude. Wait, there's somethin' else in there." John B said while tracing his finger across the map. and reached into the package and pull out a tape recorder. "What's that?" JJ asked us, "It's a tape recorder, dumbass." Kie answered, and I laughed at what she said.

John B hit play and it was a message from his dad it started to play "Dear bird." It started out "Who's bird?" JJ asked John B "That's what my dad called me." John B answered JJs question "I hate to say, "I told you so," but I told you so. And you doubted your old man. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight, but don't kill yourself just yet, kid. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either. You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly the Father of the Decade. What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listenin' to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica, livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you find this for less than optimal reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If somethin' happens to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold, kid. I love you, Bird, even if I didn't always act like it. I'll see you on the other side." The tape recorder ended, and I felt a tear rolling down my cheek so I wiped it away before anyone could see it John B turned the tape recorder of and got up and walked to the doorway and leaned against it and started to cry.

"Holy shit, he did it! Big John- he found the Merchant-" JJ let out and Kie interrupted, "Can you... can you please?" And she put her hands above her head. "Sorry." He said and shut up. Kie walked over to John B and hugged him and let him cry.

We all went out to the dock. Kie was playing the ukulele and in the distant the thunder rumbled, "How much was it again?" JJ asked and threw a rock into the water "Four hundred mil." Pope answered "All right, let's talk about the split." JJ said and let out a sigh. "Now, before we say "evenly," may I remind you that I am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us. Protection? Not cheap, okay?" JJ said while putting the gun up to show us, "You haven't trained. You've done zero training." Pope said "YouTube, bro! That's at least a five percent bump right there." JJ let out "You haven't--" Pope started saying. "Any objections? Didn't think so." JJ said before anyone could vote, me and Kie put our hands up.

"Yeah." Pope let out "I don't hear any, so.." JJ said and put the gun back "What are you gonna do with you 100 mil, Pope?" Kie asked Pope "Pay for college in advance. And also, textbooks. Those are expensive." Pope answered the question "What about you, Kie?" JJ asked "Yeah, what does a socialist do when she's rich?" Pope asked Kie and Kie laughed. "Just wanna make a double album. About OBX, the Pogues. You know, the way Catch a Fire is about Kingston. Record it at Marley Studio, Peter Tosh producing." Kie told us what she wanted to do. "Peter Tosh is dead." Pope said and Kie answered, "Peter Tosh is dead. I know. Spirit of Peter Tosh will never die." She let out and held her beer up. "Hell yeah." I said, holding my beer up. "I know what I'll do. I'ma get married to Yn. I'm gonna get a big ass house on Figure Eight and go Full Kook." JJ said, which caused me laugh. "You're gonna go full Kook? And marry Yn?" Pope asked "Yup. Gonna get a marble statue of myself and then I'm gonna get a koi pond. Put a bunch of those fish." JJ answered and looked over at me. "I guess that's what is happening." I said shrugging my shoulders,