Chapter 9 - Just Talking

I went to Michael's house the next Saturday evening at 4pm after ignoring him the whole week. We were now out of school. It was summer, so it would be easier to avoid him. I know I keep saying that, but I know the more I see him, the more I want him back, but I don't want that to happen. I decided to talk to him since I hadn't in a few days. I really missed talking to him. I wanted to talk to him more, but like I said, the more I see him, the more I'll want him back. I'll probably regret coming here.

Michael has a porch out back of his bedroom that he usually sits on with the summer evening breeze. I walked out there and sat on the lounge chairs, just talking to him. I knew he would be out there.

"Michael, I am really sorry that I always overreact about you getting into fights.." I started.

"It's fine. I'm sorry I got into the fights..." He apologized also.

"I'm really sorry about last weekend. That got out of hand quick."

"Yeah. It was my fault. I caused you to break up with me," his face turned to a frown. He grabbed ahold of my hand, and I took my hand out of his. I loved holding his hand for that one second, but if we hold hands any longer, he'll realize that I'm okay with it.

"I'm sorry, Michael. I still can't forgive you about you and Kelly.. I just wanted to talk to you a little bit. That's why I came," I told him, making sure he knew I wasn't getting back with him.

"Oh," his face fell.

"We can still be friends can't we?" He asked, his eyes meeting mine.

"I-" I started.

"Please, ba- Mia.. I need to be around you more often. I was lost this past week," he told me, his face again falling to his lap.

*Michael's POV*

My head hung, hoping she'd forgive me. I felt like such an asshole for doing what I did to her. I just wanted to make her jealous when I was mad at her last weekend. I never knew that it would get like this. I wasn't thinking then. After I did it, I knew I wasn't going to tell her. I thought, if she doesn't know, she won't care. I didn't think about Kelly telling her. I now hate Kelly. She took away the one thing that I love deeply, even closer than family.

And I was telling the truth. This past week has been hell for me. I was so lost without talking to her at school, our after-school cuddles, and waking up next to her. I have lost half of me. She's my other half. I can't believe I lived without her this past week, I don't even think I did live. It was just an endless week, but now, she was here with me, not forgiving me, but with me.

"Michael.. I'm sorry, but I can't.. We can still talk, but we aren't going to be in the friend zone, because I know that will lead to us dating again," she looked at me.

"Why don't you want to date me again? You can't just stop loving me all of a sudden."

"I-" she sighed, pushing her hair out of her face, "I just can't trust you anymore, Michael."

"You never denied to stopping loving me."

"I never did." 

When I heard those words come out of her mouth I was overwhelmed with joy. She still loved me, and I loved her. But she didn't trust me, that was the problem. I don't know how I'll regain her trust. She told me it's not going to be easy, but I don't need easy. I need possible. And us being together again is possible. I just need to try hard.