Chapter 17 - Not Fifteen Anymore

A few minutes after Mia's parents left, Dan came into the room to see his sister. He saw her casts, bandages, and bruises and gasped at them. He didn't like seeing her like this.

"What all happened?" He asked me.

"Well, she's temporarily blind. She also can't remember anything that has happened in the past two years," I started, and Dan interrupted.

"So she doesn't remember you guys being together?" He wondered. I shook my head, and he added, "wow.. I feel bad for you, Michael.."

"Yeah, but she also broke her left arm and right leg. There was some bruising to her head, so they put bandages on it. Then, there's some other stray bruises," I finished explaining.

"Oh wow. I want to talk to her, but I don't want to disturb her," he said.

"Yeah. We can talk to her once she wakes up," I told him.

"Okay. Until then, I'll be in he waiting room. I'll stay there for a few hours, then I'll come back in."

"Okay. I'll be here until then."

He walked out of the room and towards the waiting room. I turned towards Mia once more. I loved watching her sleep. I had been doing more of that than talking to her for the past few hours.

I watched her for a few minutes and didn't get bored. I just stared at her beauty. She might've been broken, but she was still beautiful. I really hoped that she regained her memory soon. I wanted her to remember me. I wanted her to trust me again. I knew she still loved me, and she believed me when I told her that. I just hope she'll trust me when sh remembers, and I hope she remembers soon.

---

I had sat beside Mia for the longest time. At least two hours, I'd say. That whole time I was thinking. I was so tired, but I wanted to be there when Mia woke up, so I wasn't going home. I eventually did fall asleep, after about two and a half hours after Mia fell asleep.

I didn't mean to fall asleep, but I did. I meant to just rest my eyes a little bit, but I did for too long and fell asleep. I wanted to already be awake when Mia woke up, but I didn't know if that would happen since I fell asleep.

I had slept for what I figured to be an hour, and Mia was still sleeping when I woke up, which was good. I didn't want her to wake up while I was asleep. I hadn't even known I had fallen asleep until I woke up. About ten minutes after I had woke up, I saw Mia stirring. I didn't know if she was about to wake up or not. I hoped so.

She stirred a little more and her eyes slowly opened. She looked at me, but I didn't know if she could see me, and she said, "Michael!? You're not kidding.. You are two years older than I remember you!"

*Mia's POV*

I woke up from sleeping, and I was able to see. I was so excited. The first thing I saw was Michael smiling at me. He had been watching me sleep, waiting for me to wake up. I could tell by just looking at him that he wasn't kidding about me losing two years of my memory. He was definitely not fifteen. He was seventeen now.

I couldn't believe I could see, so I said to Michael, "Michael!? You're not kidding.. You are two years older than I remember you!"

~

Sorry the chapters haven't been very long lately:(