Chapter 18 - Sight

*Michael's POV*

"Wait, babe.. You can see?" I asked her.

"Yeah," she responded and smiled, "damn, you're hot now."

"Thanks babe. You're not bad either," I laughed, "actually, you're the most beautiful girl on the planet," I complimented.

"Thanks Michael.. I love you," she smiled even wider, "and I'm sure of it."

"Babe.. You don't know how much I love you. I can't put it into words. I just love you more an words can explain. I just really hope you'll remember our relationship soon."

"Me too."

"Just promise me that you'll remember that you love me, and that you have been telling me that. Also, remember that right now, I'm begging you to forgive me and trust me once more. I don't care what your parents say about us. We get to do what we want. We are responsible teens, and we can do whatever we want."

"I'll remember, Mikey," she promised, and I was glad. I just wanted her to be my girlfriend again. I wanted to officially call her my girlfriend again. Not my girlfriend that broke up with me, my girlfriend. I love her too much to just not talk to her for a while. I would almost die if I went for a few weeks without talking to her and seeing her pretty face. I didn't care if it was just for a split-second,  I wanted to see her. So hopefully, she can trust me once she regains phew memory. I hope she knows all the pain I've gone through with her falling. 

"Michael.." She snapped me out of my dream-like state.

"What?" I asked her.

"Come here," she motioned for me to lay down right beside her. She had scooted over a little bit, and I laid beside her. I began to cuddle a little with her, the best I could.

"So, Michael, what all happened to me?" She asked.

"Well, you broke your left arm and right leg. You also bruised your head a little, so you have bandages on your head. The doctors also think that you fell on your forehead more than likely first, then flipped over and hit the back of your head, because the front of your brain is where your short-term memory is, and the back of the brain is where your vision is located," I explained.

"Oh.. Wow. But I already got my sight back, and I'm glad I did. I'm glad you were the first thing I saw when I got it back."

"Me too. I would never be able to be blind, even for just a few hours, because I wouldn't be able to stare at you."

"What if I don't like you staring at me?"

"Oh, you don't mind. Trust me," I told her.

"Okay..." Her voice drifted off, and for the third time, she had fallen asleep. Laying beside her while she was falling asleep, I began to get drowsy also. Within a few minutes, I was asleep also.

———

*Dan's POV*

A few hours after I had left Mia's room, I decided to go back in to see if she was awake yet. When I walked into the room, I saw that Michael had crawled into the bed beside Mia. They were cuddling but working past the wires and everything else. It was so cute. I didn't want to wake them up, but I walked over and Michael had turned around towards me. He was awake.

"Hey Michael," I said.

"Hey Dan.. Mia got her sight back. She told me she could see after she woke up the last time," he told me.

"Really?"

*Michael's POV*

"Yeah," I said and turned to Mia, "Mia.. Mia, babe, wake up.."

"What?" She turned her head towards me. I slowly got off of the bed.

"Dan is here."

"Dan?" She wondered.

"Yeah, Mia.. It's Dan," he walked towards her.

"You look a lot different.. I mean, I can only remember you from two years ago.."

"Yeah.. And I was in here earlier, and you couldn't see, but I'm glad you can now. I was so worried about you.. I didn't know how long you were going to be blind. I hope you regain your memory back soon, too, sis," he smiled at her.

"Me too.." She frowned.

"And when you get your memory back, please don't hate Michael. Just remember, you two are an amazing couple, and Michael might not have had his head on straight when he hurt you, but he's not like that anymore."

"What?" She asked, "Michael.. You hurt me? What happened?"

"I'll be in the waiting room," Dan told us, and I nodded. I'm glad he was leaving. I didn't want him in here when she got really mad at me.

"Well, Mia, we got into a big fight, and I stormed out of the house, then went over to Kelly's house.."

"Your ex-girlfriend, right?"

"Yeah," I told her, "and I had sex with her to get the fight off my mind and to make you sorta jealous.."

"What?" She started to cry a little.

"And now you hate me. You came over to my house to talk to me after ignoring me for a week, and you sat on the railing of my porch. I tried to pull you off the railing back onto the porch, but you pushed me off and fell off of the porch. That's why you're here. It all happened because I cheated on you, and I feel bad for that now. I feel worse than bad, I feel terrible.." I began to cry too from the memories of the past few days.