Chapter 21 - Memory

*Michael's POV*

The next day, Mia talked to me a little more. She said about things from our relationship. It was either that she remembered, or that she was told by Dan or her parents. I really hoped it was her remembering, but Dan told me her mum had told her those things.

Five days after the accident had occurred, I walked into Mia's room, and she smiled widely at me. I walked closer to her and asked her what she was so happy about.

"March 15, 2011," she stated. That was our anniversary, the date I asked her out.

"What about it?" I wondered.

"Our anniversary," she said like it was obvious.

"You remember? Or did your mum tell you it so you could mess with me?"

"I remember."

"Then what was the exact date we had sex for the first time, and where were we?" I challenged her.

"It was New Years 2012, and we were over at Ashton's house. He had a party there, and we snuck downstairs.."

"Babe, you're back!" I hugged her, smiling crazily. I couldn't stop smiling.

"But are you mad at me? Don't you hate me?" I asked.

"Michael, my mum talked to me and told me that you were crying over me. She told me that when a guy cries over a girl, he really loves her and cares for her."

"Wait.. Your mum told you that?" I asked, and she nodded.

"When did she tell you that?" 

"Just this morning. I told her I got my memory back, and she didn't want me to still be mad at you when you came in and found out, so she told me. Now I know you love me and care for me so much.. More than anyone can explain.."

"Yes, babe.. I do.. So your mum is okay with us now? She approves of us?" 

"I guess."

"I love you so much, baby.."

"I love you too Mikey," she hugged me back as I hugged her.

"But she told me to tell you this," she said and started, "If you ever cheat on me again, she will never ever let me near you again. You hurt me so much the first time and I am not going through that again. Neither is she. You got that, Mikey?"

"Yeah."

"But I trust you. You won't do that anymore. You've learned," she laughed a little.

"I have. You don't know pain until you've gone for almost two weeks loving somebody that hates you."

"I'm sorry for being the person that hates you..  But I love you now, babe.."

"And I love you too."

"Just don't "burn down the trust bridge" as my mum says.."

"Wouldn't even think about it."