Chapter 12 - Hurry

We got to the hospital a few minutes later. The paramedics rushed Mia into the emergency room as mum, dad, and I trailed behind them.

"Mum.. mum.. What is going to happen?" I asked, panicked.

"Don't worry, Michael. They'll probably just take her in for x-rays and tests to see if she broke anything or had any internal damage. She's going to be fine," she assured me.

A doctor came rushing out, asking for me. I stood up and he wondered if I had seen how Mia landed. I told him no, and he nodded, rushing back the hallway once more.

I sat back down, worrying about Mia. I hoped it wouldn't be long before they had news. But who knows how long it could be? It could be hours, or just a half an hour. I couldn't wait hours. I didn't even know if I could wait a half an hour.

Her parents. The thought came into my mind and I got my phone out. I had no service. Just great..

I walked up to the desk and asked the one lady, "could I use the phone please?"

"Why sure," she said politely, handing me the phone and asking for the number. I told her and she dialed it in for me.

The phone began to ring, and after the second ring, someone picked up. They said "hello?" and it sounded like a male voice, but it wasn't her father. It was Dan..

"Um, Dan, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. And this is?"

"Michael."

"Oh, yeah.. Sorry Michael. You sound a lot different on the phone!" He exclaimed, "so what's going on? Why are you calling from the hospital? Is everything okay?"

*Dan's POV*

"Um, just you and your parents need to come to the emergency room. I'll explain then.." That didn't sound good.

"Michael, is everything alright?" I asked once again.

"I'll explain when you get here, now hurry.." That worried me even more.

"Uh, okay.. See you soon," I said.

"Okay. Bye" he said and we both hung up.

"MUM!!!! DAD!!!!" I screamed throughout the house, getting my coat and shoes on.

"Daniel! What do you need? Are you leaving this early? You didn't even see Mia!" Mum asked when she came downstairs.

"No, I'm not leaving," I said as dad came up behind her, "we all are. We're going to the hospital."

"What!? Why!?" dad asked.

"Michael called," I began.

"Oh, not that asshole... Did he do anything to her?" Mum asked.

"One, he's not an asshole. And two, he seemed panicked. Something's not right," I told them with worry in my voice.

"Did he explain?" Dad wondered while getting his coat and shoes on.

"No. He said he would when we got there but we need to hurry," I rushed them, running out to the car. Mum and dad came right behind me. I got in the driver's seat of my car, and we drove off to the hospital.

"What all did Michael say?" Mum asked just like dad did.

"Nothing other than he'd explain when we got to the hospital and to hurry up. That's it."

"Oh," she said.

Within minutes, we were at the emergency room.,we ran in and saw Michael sitting between his parents, crying.