𝔸𝕟𝕕𝕪

All I wanted was to enjoy winter break with Liana. Instead, Lucas is calling me. He's my brother... I guess, I love him?

"Andy, I'm going out with Maria." Lucas called out, his house keys jingling as he opened the door. Dad was muttering in his office, unaware as to his eldest leaving.

"Lucas, didn't Dad ask you to help him with something?" I murmured, standing at the foot of the stairs. He froze, releasing a sigh.

"Dad wants me to be something I can't be." Lucas moved back inside the house, narrowing his eyes at me. I wanted to tell him that it wasn't like asking him to help around the house wasn't an issue. Mom had been able to take care of all of us and still have time for herself. But that would be unfair.

"It still can't hurt to try." I whispered, feeling him already getting irritated.

"It will. It has. I will continue with my plans for the evening, thank you very much." Lucas grumbled, and slammed the door. Dad was trying. I had tried. Lucas wasn't even attempting.

"Lucas?" Dad called, peering out of his office. I waved at him, wearing a smile.

"Don't worry about it Dad!" I replied, looking at the kitchen. It was a mess of take out and groceries. Lucas was going to be the one to put it away and help clean up. But he's gone for the evening. My footsteps fill the void of silence as I begin to clean up the kitchen, taking place of Lucas and my mother. Everything will be okay. It has to be.

My phone was glowing in the darkness of the balcony. I just felt like scaling the wall up to the balcony for funsies. The door was also locked. Lucas had a very old contact picture.

"Andrea, why didn't you answer me when I called you?" Lucas demanded, his agent muttering hurriedly behind me. Megan is lovely. She's very sweet and the only person who can keep Lucas from bringing hell upon us too soon.

"I'm sorry? You do realize there's a time difference in Edinburgh." I apologized, pasting Lance's face over Lucas's. His smiles and laughter for Lucas's pain and anger.

He huffed, and Megan murmured something to him again.

"Don't apologize. You'll sound too much like Mom." Lucas grumbled, and I could practically see him rubbing his temples. Megan tutted him and that made me smile.

"Okay. What can I do for you?" I ask, tugging on a tuft of hair.

"I want to talk about  you to the public Andrea." Lucas revealed, and already I knew what to say.

"Hell no. Lucas, I've already told you I do not want to be in the spotlight. I get that your sob story of a sister will make you seem like a hero. But I will deny any relationship to you if you tell the press." I concluded. This wasn't what I expected from him.

"Andrea, I'm an actor. People want to know things about me! You're a part of my life and they deserve to know that." Lucas whined, and it felt like the age gap was reversed.I huffed, staring up at the stars. It's so cold.

"Lucas. If you care more about your fans then your family, it's okay to admit that." I whispered, adjusting my clothes. My hand gripped a statues head, and I gradually made it down to the widow. "I'm tired of cleaning up your messes and cleaning up after you. When you actually want to be my big brother and take care of me, that's when you can call." I added, warm air from the room hitting my face. Anya and my own plants brushed against my legs. "Until then, piss off." I groaned getting through the window and the soreness that clung to my bones.

How did my life get so shitty so quickly? I'm only 16 and yet it feels as though I've been alive for 24.

✨✨✨

I found Liana crying in the library. She was cradling my meds like a toy plush, I felt so out of place but I knew no one else may be able to help her.

So, we snuck down to the kitchen. Adam and I had done this once during exams. He stole the keys from Lance. Poor Lance never saw it coming... it was hilarious how Adam steals it too!

He handed it to me with a bashful grin- his hair was all messy so that told me something.

Liana shuffled into the kitchen, picking up paper towels and wrapping sweets in them. There were mostly stale cupcakes from the dance- probably to give back to the students as a "present".

We didn't really talk in the hallway- which irritated me, but she had also just been crying.

"My mom left my dad when I was eight." Liana muttered, opening up a fridge. I nodded, turning to look at her.

"My dad knew she left before I did, he didn't even tell me. I just kinda...guessed after a week." She added, grabbing some glasses. There was a lock on one cabinet. Cross my fingers I'm right.

"Lia- That's terrible..." I whispered, letting the words hang. I wasn't going to say sorry- I heard it often and I don't doubt she had as well.

"It was. I'd like to think that I had gotten over it." She sounded like she meant to grumble over it, but her voice was cracking... I walked over, putting away the sweets I had in my pockets.

"Lia, in my experience, if you still remember it, then it still has hurt you." I murmured, holding out my arms, silently asking if she wanted a hug. Liana looked at me warily, as if I'd run away the moment she did- or disappear the next morning.

I think this is what people consider the turning point of someone's story. I agree, because she still walked over, dumping almost all of her weight on me and wrapping her arms around my waist.

"This is shit. Isn't it?" She giggled, but I could feel her tears splattering again my shoulder. I hummed in reply, leaning closer to her.

"Yeah, it is pretty shit. But, I think it'll get better."