#1

MEND MY SOUL
# 01
It is raining cats and dogs outside. Kids are running to get inside the shelters and cover themselves,  cars splashing water on people walking on the sideways as they drive through.

Siyamthanda Nyathi is in his office working through some paperwork, managing a company on his own is quite challenging at times. Everything must be handled by him, he is thinking of hiring more extra help to minimize the workload.

"The serial killer is still on the move. At least 20 bodies have been found this month and it seems like the numbers are rising. The killer has no pattern with his/her killings, making it hard for the police to identify who the killer is. Residents are advised to be on the look out always the time, and not be outside when it's dark. ", The news lady reports.

Siya sighs and continued with his work, the serial killing has been going on for months. Police have not found who he/she is, they must be very good at covering their tracks.
A knock comes through his office and he shouts come in softly.
His assistant peeps his head inside and let him know that his brother is here to see him.
He tells him to let him through. Sikho graces him with his presence shortly. He stands up to greet him.
Siya:I didn't think I'd be seeing you soon.
Sikho:I miss my little brother. Is that a crime?
Siya:Not at all. Let's sit down.
Sikho:You've done well for yourself here bro. The place looks sophisticated.
Siya:I try. So what brings you here really?
Sikho:I need your help.
Siya:What have you done this time?
Sikho:I kind of hit my baby mamma, now she is arresting me.
Siya:Why did you hit her in the first place?
Sikho:I didn't mean to. I just lost control.
Siya chuckled and swang his pen around the desk.
Siya:That's what every abuser says. "I just lost control".
Sikho swallowed and looked away.
Siya:So what do you need me to do?
Sikho:You're a powerful man. Can't you like bribe the police or something? I can't go to jail, again.
Siya:I hear you, I will see what I can do.
Sikho:Thank you so much. Let me be on my way, see you later.
Siya:Okay bye....
He stood up and left.
Sikho is the older brother and his only siblings, he is currently unemployed and is a trouble maker. Even prison couldn't tame him, as much as he is older than him but he is irresponsible. He always clean up after his mess and now he has to clean up after him, again. He wonders when he will grow up, he has a child to look after but he is acting like a child himself. But then, if his parents sees nothing wrong with his behavior there's none he can do; he's not their favorite after all.
He gets in touch with the commissioner of the police station and they assure him that no charges will be placed on his brother.
He sends him a text and he replies back thanking him.

He checks his watch and it's knock off time, he packs his things and heads out to the parking lot getting inside his brand new car.
He roars the engine and drives off to his house.
.
.
.
15 years, 15 bloody years! Since I've been in this place. I step out of the prison and feel the sun hit my skin. I sigh out loud relieved and feel all sort of emotions overwhelming me. I have missed out on so much, I haven't been outside for 15 years. Prison isn't a place for saints, it breaks you and changes you into something that you yourself can't even recognize. If you think you're going to come in here and it will be all roses, then you are truly mistaken. Everyone in here is looking out for her/himself, it's survival of the fittest. My first time in here, I told myself that I won't cause any troubles, I'll be on my best behavior so  that they can give me parole;but I was so wrong. The first month showed me flames, I was only 20 years old, doing my second year. I was so lost and had no clue what goes on behind bars. I learnt the hard way, some things I don't even want to relive because of how traumatic they were.

I wipe the tear that had fallen off my face and my finger rubs against the big scar across my cheek. I look like a thug, I'm no longer that beautiful, light skinned, innocent Nokuzola. This place has changed me into someone I don't know.
I got this scar during a fight. I have many scars hidden under my body. Which is why I don't need anyone seeing me naked.