#14

MEND MY SOUL #14

SIYAMTHANDA
The bruise in my eye has died down. She really did a number on me, she said it was a reflex. I've never been to prison but I've watched movies and I know that place isn't roses. She thinks I'm angry at her, but I'm not. She has been ignoring me all week. She doesn't take my calls nor respond to my texts.
Tonight I'm going to Yokuthula's house. I need to talk to her.
"Mr Nyathi are you still here?", she brings me back. I've even forgotten that I was in a meeting.
Siya:Sorry what were you saying?
Kukhanya:I'm saying, AL Numetrics sent in that report and there really is a gap with the finances. Someone is stealing from us.
Siya:Who could it be?
Kukhanya:I don't know.
As if I don't have enough problems, Kukhanya noticed that the numbers weren't adding up and we had one of the accountants from AL look it up, they are the best accounting firm around here.
I don't know who has the damn nerve to steal from me! After my damn hard work and they think they can just pop out of nowhere and steal from me. I worked hard for this! If I find them I'm going to kill them I swear!
Siya:Everyone is a suspect. I will call in professionals to look into this, we will find this person. I already lost close to a million Rands.
Kukhanya:Pro.. Professionals?
Siya:Yes.. Now excuse me, I need to make a few phone calls.
Kukhanya:Oh I thought we would work on this together since I...
I looked at her in confusion. What the hell is wrong with her?
Siya:Since you what?
Kukhanya:Oh nothing, but I want to help.
Siya:I appreciate it but I'm better working alone, I need to focus!
I took my phone and dialed his numbers. I heard it ringing and Kukhanya was still here, I pointed at the door for her to get out and she did.
"Nyathi"
Siya:Ngcobo.
"It's been long"
Siya:Stop being dramatic. I talked to you last week.
"Yeah but you didn't call again to check up on me"
I just laughed at him.
"Whoa are you laughing? You? Siyamthanda Nyathi?"
Siya:Why are you making it sound like you have never heard me laugh?
"Yeah, but it was a long time ago"
Siya:Listen... I need your help.
"I'm listening"
Siya:Do you think you can come this side for a few days? Someone is stealing money from me, I have already lost close to a million. You're the only person I know who deals with these things.
"I can be there by tomorrow. My wife has been wanting to go to a vacation."
Siya:Okay, thanks man. I really appreciate it.
"So have you found someone?"
Siya:*Smiling*Maybe I have.
"Bastard! I can tell by your voice. You sound happy. Who is she?"
Siya:You will meet her when you get here, we recently met.
"Damn, I wanna see that woman who managed to cuff you"
Siya:Fuck you!
"I love you too baby"
Siya:The fuck! I'm hanging up!
The idiot laughed. I hung up and shook my head laughing. It will be good to see him, he moved to Joburg with his family three years ago. He is a very good friend of mine, the only person whom I know that can find out who the thief is.
.
.
.
LUNGELO
I didn't mean to strangle Nomtha like that, I just lost it when she started to shout at me and reminded me that my mother abandoned me. I mean, did Ningi really not love me that much that she chose to die siding with her rapist husband? She never believed me. I'm angry at her, She chose the easy way out and killed herself because Ngubane divorced her. She was my mother, she was supposed to take my side but she didn't. I still remember the day she chased me out of her house because I had her husband arrested. If it wasn't for aunt Zo, I would have slept on the streets that day.
I have never hated a woman like I do with my mother, at times I wish I can dig her up from her grave and kill her myself. She was selfish. I don't think I will ever move on from what she did. Even Ngubane molesting me doesn't hurt like my mother abandoning me. Shit hurts deep I tell you, and it's hurting the people close to me too. Nomtha has been begging me to attend counseling for years but I refused. I'm scared to talk about my problems to someone, I feel less of a man. What kind of man was molested? I don't feel enough. I fear that people will judge me and mock me when they find out that I was molested. I realize what this is doing to my family, we no longer sit around the table and talk and laugh, like a family should.