#30

MEND MY SOUL #30

The following days Kukhanya was released from hospital and was staying with Zola at her apartment, the police are still digging information on the serial killer.
Zola:Are you sure you will be okay alone?
Kukhanya:I'm sure, I'll be fine.
Zola:Okay but if you suspect that someone is trying to intrude here, call me. My number is on speed dial.
Kukhanya:Mom I will be fine. Go already.
Zola:Okay... I'll see you later.
She went out and Kukhanya sighed reaching for her phone. She tried to call Lindo but his number wasn't going through, she called Usenathi, his little sister.
Usenathi:Hello.
Kukhanya:Nathi hi, it's Kukhanya.
Usenathi:Oh you, how can I help you?
Kukhanya:I need to speak with Lindo, I have been trying to call him but he isn't answering.
Usenathi:Shouldn't that give you an idea that he is mizing you?
Kukhanya:Can you tell him to call me please?
Usenathi:If I remember, I will tell him.
.
.
.
Zola and Siya walk inside the institution and Siya feels like shivering, he has watched movies about mental asylums. He hopes he doesn't end up there.
Zola squeeze his hand tightly.
Zola:It's going to be okay.
He nods.
They walk to Sihle's office and knock. She tells them to come in.
Sihle:Finally you are here. How are you?
Zola:We are fine, how are you?
Sihle:I'm good, please sit down.
They sat down on the chairs opposite hers.
Sihle:So what brings you here?
Zola:As I told you over the phone, he has multiple personalities and we don't understand how they work or when they came about. They always wake him up at midnight.
Sihle:I see, well I'm only a psychologist and I don't have the power nor the authority to medically diagnose you with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), that's what they call it. But, I can refer you to someone who can run a full diagnosis on you. I can only help you with the emotions of this, and help you find different coping mechanisms.
Siya:So you can't help me? I thought you said you would help me.
Zola:Babe calm down.
Sihle:Mr Nyathi, as I am a psychologist I can only  work with patients suffering from emotional rather than clinical issues. For example, it could be a person who is dealing with low self-esteem or social anxiety, this person does not necessarily have anything physically wrong with them, they are rather looking for someone to talk to about their emotions in order to find coping mechanisms for them. A psychiatrist or psychoanalyst can diagnose you with DID and prescribe  medication in order to keep your emotions or alters under control . Then I can  work with you to help you develop coping mechanisms and strategies to recognise your personalities and deal with them appropriately. In your case you can either see a psychiatrist or psychoanalyst. Take me through some parts of it.
She took her notebook and got ready to note down..
Sihle:Are you comfortable with her being here?
Siya:Yes it's fine. I have childhood issues, trauma that some of it is apparently suppressed deep into my mind. I was abused by my parents and they favored my older brother over me.
Sihle nodded and wrote down.
He continued telling her everything, he got so emotional and couldn't stop his tears. Sihle gave him a tissue and he wiped his tears.
Sihle:It's okay Mr Nyathi, in this case I think it is best if you see all the three "ist", first they need to diagnose you, prescribe medication then we can move along to psychoanaltyic therapy. I know one, she has her practice just around the city. I will call her and let her know. We need to start this journey as quickly as possible.
Siya:Okay, thank you.
She took her phone and made a phone call.
.
.
.
They were now back at home, he hasn't said a thing about what he saw. She looks happy these days and is always smiling.
Nomtha:Hey, I'm going to get a few groceries. I will be back soon.
Lungelo:*Laughing nervously* Why don't I get them and you can rest?
Nomtha:*Laughing*You? I thought you hated doing groceries.
Lungelo:Not anymore.
Nomtha:You're so silly, you can do shopping some other day. You won't buy the exact things I want.
Lungelo:You will write a list for me.
Nomtha:*Smiling *I appreciate the gesture babe, but I will be fine really.
Lungelo:Okay I love you Nomtha.
Nomtha:I love you too, now let me be on my way.
She gave him a peck and walked out happily. She got inside her car and made a call first.
"Hello"
Nomtha:Hi, I'm on my way. Is she there?
"No she's not. Can't wait to see you. I'm even hard right now"
Nomtha:*Giggling* Stop it.
"I can't help myself, please hurry".
Nomtha:Okay I'm coming.
She hung up smiling and drove out of the yard.
After some time, she was parked outside Thula's house. She stepped out holding her phone and bag and walked inside. He let her in and greeted her eith a captivating, romantic kiss. They pushed each other inside while kissing and clothes started flying all over the place.
"I love you", he said while thrusting into her hard and deep.
"I.. I", she couldn’t even talk from all the pleasure he was feeling.
"Do you love me?", he pulled out and kissed her neck.
She glared at him. How dare he pull out when she's feeling such pleasure?
"Thula libuyisele(Put it back in)"
Thula:I will... Do you love me?
Nomtha:God Thuls please don't do this.
He positioned himself on her entrance.
Thula:I want you to answer me.
He put his d* inside her and pulled it back out.
Nomtha:Okay fine I love you Thula, I never stopped okay.
He pushed himself in full length.
Thula:That's all I needed to know.
.
.
.
Usenathi:Your girlfriend was looking for you.
Lindo:My girlfriend?
Usenathi:Yes, Kukhanya. She called me saying that you are not answering her calls.
Lindo:*Rolled his eyes* That's because I blocked her. Next time she calls you, don't answer it.
Usenathi:Alright... So... Do you still love her?
Lindo:It doesn't matter, I'm over her.
Usenathi:So you do still love her?
Lindo:I don't.
Usenathi:Who are you fooling Bro?
She asked him walking away.
Lindo:*mumbling*I don't love her.
.
.
.
@the police station.
Detective Mashaba walked inside his office carrying some papers and they were already waiting for him.
Mashaba:What do you have for me?
Constable:We looked at the footage and it doesn't show anything.
Mashaba:What do you mean it doesn't show anything?
Constable:Sir it's only showing a shadow. Take a look yourself.
He sat down and looked at the footage, indeed it just showed a shadow not a glimpse of who could it be.
Mashaba:This is frustrating. It's clear he manipulated the footage or something. How far are we with that claw hand?
Constable:They said they would get back to us soon, they are still running samples.
Mashaba:*Sigh*Eish okay, this case is starting to be loose. The commander was threatening that he will shut it down because we have been investigating for so long and we've come up with nothing. And why the hack is he even using a claw hand?
Constable:It's giving a "Nightmare on Elm Street" vibe.
Mashaba:At least he hasn't killed anyone again, our full attention should be on this case. I want this person found and persecuted.
.
.
.
@The Forensics Lab.
Dr Jimenez, the head of scientists. She, and her team work hand in hand with the law enforcement and analyze evidence for them. They do everything you can think of. It's a fully executed lab.
Her assistant(Castro), comes up to her and hands her the reports.
She reads over them and frowns.
Jimenez:What is this? I asked you to run that claw hand against the database and find fingerprints or DNA, what is this Castro?
Castro:Mam, I did as you said. I was also confused like you. The fingerprints on that claw belong to that person written there, but the structure and arrangement of the DNA is nothing like we've ever seen before. Almost like, it's not human.
Jimenez:The chromosomes are not normal, they don't resemble any disorder I know of. The genetic make up is strange and impossible.
Castro:What do you think is the cause? A person is supposed to have 46 chromosomes in total, but he has only 23 chromosomes. This is not possible.
Jimenez:I don't know, but we need to run more tests. Run a full genomic sequence using that DNA, we need to tell the detective about this. I've never seen anything like this.
Castro:I will give them a call Dr.
.
.
.
ZOLA
We just got back from Sihle's office, she said she'll let us know when we can go over to the psychiatrist.
Siya has been quiet, I wish there was something I could do to take away his pain. He's going to relive some memories and it's going to be hard.
I hug him from behind and lay my head on his back.
Zola:Uzizwa unjani? (How are you feeling?)
Siya:I'm fine babe, I just want us to do this and get over it. I'm tired.
Zola:I will be with you every step of the way.
Siya:Thank you, you don't know how much I appreciate your support.
Zola:I'll always be here.
Siya:That's why I love you.
I smiled and pulled out from the hug.
I wish I can move in full time with him, but Kukhanya is still scared so I have to be with her.
I will just do laundry and cook for him before I leave.
I throw his dirty clothes on the basket and head to the laundry room. Tjeh! These machines are complicated, in my days wawushuka ingubo ngezandla zize ziphucuke.
I press the buttons and throw his clothes inside together with the washing powder.
It start spinning and I sit down just to catch my breath. I catch a glimpse of something behind the machine. I stand up and pull it out. It's a black bag, what could a bag be doing here? I open it.
"Zolaaa!", I push it back behind the machine and go to him.
Zola:Babe?
Siya:Your phone is ringing.
I looked at it and it was Kukhanya.
Zola:Hi.
Kukhanya:Are you coming back?
Zola:Yes, I'm coming back. Are you feeling scared?
Kukhanya:Not exactly, this place is crowded with the police so I doubt the killer will return. You don't have to come back.
Zola:But Khanya it's not safe.
Kukhanya:I will be fine ma, this place is heavily guarded. Enjoy your time with your man.
Zola:Okay fine, but I will keep on checking up on you.
.
.
.
To be continued....