#28

MEND MY SOUL #28

NOKUZOLA
It's now morning and we've freshened up, yazi I haven't been to work for two days now. I feel like I'm taking advantage of Thula's kindness, he gave me a job when I was stranded; at the same time I have to be with Siya. Let me call him.
I take my phone which I haven't touched since he called me, I had put it on silent. I am surprised to see that Khanya left a voice message for me, I listen to it.
"Ma please help me, I am d_", she sounds out of breath. Oh God! This was midnight when she sent this.
I jump out of bed and hurry to find Siya.
Zola:I think something is wrong with Kukhanya.
Siya:What do you mean?
Zola:She left a voice message that I should help her, please let's hurry.
Siya:Okay go get the car keys.
I hurried back to the bedroom to get the car keys.
I gave them to him and we got inside the car, he drove us to her apartment. On the way I was thinking what could be wrong, I hope this is not one of her tricks. We arrive and I'm the first one to get out of the car. I march towards the building and straight to her room.
The door was not locked, Siya was behind me.
He opened it and slowly got inside, I followed after him. We saw blood on the floor and a claw hand which also had blood. I looked at Siya to call the police. I looked for Khanya in her room and found her lying on the floor, bleeding. No no, I knelt in front of her and turned her over. I nearly screamed looking at her face, who would do something like this?
I shouted for Siya to come quickly.
Siya:What the..?
Zola:She's not breathing,we need to take her to a hospital.
Siya:The ambulance is on its way.
Zola:You called the ambulance?
Siya:Yeah I didn't know what was happening.
Zola:Baby please wake up.
I touched her but nothing.
I told Siya to excuse us so that I can put proper clothes on her. 20 minutes later, the ambulance and the police arrived, they loaded her up in the ambulance and started attaching her to the bed.
Siya told me he would remain behind and talk to the police.
I got on the back of the ambulance with some parademics and we drove to the hospital.
.
.
.
# Narrated
Khanya's apartment is flooded with the men in blue. It is now officially a crime scene, the owner of the complex is being questioned as to why he didn't notice that there was an intruder in the building.
The forensic team was also here to examine the blood and find evidence which would help the police find the culprit.
"I want yesterday's footage, all of it. I want to know who got in and who got out, a girl can't be almost dead in a building. Someone is guilty of this crime", The detective said.
"Sir I think you will want to see this", one of the constable said.
"What is it?"
The constable showed the detective the claw hand on the floor.
"It's the serial killer! He was here! His victims always have their faces scratched, and the girl also had her face scratched. She survived"
"Sir how are you sure it's a he?"
"I don't know, I'm just speculating. Take this and give it to forensics, I'm sure they can find the killer's fingerprints or something"
Siya looked at the claw hand and his head twitched a little.
He moved his head to the side and looked at the claw hand. Fingers came out.
"It's impossible", he blurted out loudly.
The detective and the constable looked at him frowning.
"What is wrong with you?", The detective asked him.
Siya:Uhhh nothing, I just need the bathroom.
"Do you naturally talk like that?", The constable asked in a judging manner.
"At least I don't get eaten in the ass by another man", Fingers said smirking at him.
The constable looked down embarrassed.
Fingers walked to another bathroom and locked the door behind him.
Fingers:Guys I need you to come out now.
"What's wrong?"
Fingers:Zola's daughter, was almost killed. The police say it was the serial killer.
"But we never d_"
Fingers:I know, that's what confusing. There is a claw hand on that crime scene.
"Oh fuck no"
"*crying* I told you guys to stop this"
Fingers:Oh God please shut up.
Bad boy:But how could it be the same claw hand that we use?
Fingers:It's not, I took a good look at it. Someone else is doing the killing.
"Who could it be?"
Fingers:I don't know, but I already don't like him. Khanya is Zola's daughter, and Zola means a lot to Siya. If she dies, Zola gets heartbroken and Siya also gets heartbroken. You see where I'm going with this?
"Then we would have brought more pain to him."
Fingers:Exactly.
.
.
.
He throws the glass on the floor frustrated. That didn't go well, for the second time. Why is this girl refusing to die? And what was that prayer she kept on reciting? He felt his body burning, she almost saw him and no one is supposed to see him; except for his maker. He takes his photo and sighs.
"I failed you, I'm sorry. I will do better next time"
He sits on the floor again in that meditation position and rubs his palms against his thighs.
Again many voices are speaking, but he needs to find one troubled voice that is sad.
" I don't know, but I already don't like him. Khanya is Zola's daughter, and Zola means a lot to Siya. If she dies, Zola gets heartbroken and Siya also gets heartbroken. You see where I'm going with this?"

No no this isn't possible. He shouldn't be hearing that, this is not supposed to happen. He travels to the subconsciousness of the person speaking and he looks at him in shock and confusion.
" This is not possible. ", The voice says to him echoing.
How is he even seeing him?
"You're not supposed to be here, you're not supposed to exist.", he says to the voice still rubbing his palms against his thighs and his eyes flickering. He is only there in a spiritual form.
He quickly stands up like something was poking him..
.
.
.
Back at the bathroom.

Fingers:You guys saw that too right?
" We did. Who was that and why did he look exactly like _?"
A knock interrupted them and he opened the door only to find the detective.
Fingers:Yes?
Detective:Me and my team are packing up, you should leave too. This place is a crime scene.
Fingers:Thank you Detective.
.
.
To be continued....

What is happening now? Who is the man with the claw hand who can hear people's voices?¿And who does he look like? Strange!!!