#18

MEND MY SOUL #18

At Nomtha's house.
The mood is still tense after last night. Just when he thought they were making progress, they just took two steps back. She went back to work and cut her leave short .
He will hire a nanny to help with looking after Two.
He tries to feed him the porridge but he spits it in his face.
"Come on Two, just eat", he says to him as if he can understand him.
He tries feeding him again but he spits it out again and cries loudly.
He takes a towel and wipes his face. He places the porridge on the table and shussh Two as he walks in circles the whole kitchen but he won't stop crying.
"Come on Two, what do you want?", he asks in a defeated voice.
He calls Nomtha who answers after the second ring.
Nomtha:Lungelo I'm at work.
Lungelo:I know, but Two is crying. I don't know what to do.
Nomtha:Did you feed him?
Lungelo:Yeah but he keeps on spitting it to my face.
Nomtha:How is his nappy? Change his nappy and remove his clothes Lungelo, leave him on with just a romper. It's hot outside.
Lungelo:Okay let me try...
Nomtha:You really need to learn how to take care of a baby Lungelo.
Lungelo:I will, thank you.
Nomtha:Okay... Call me if he is still crying..
He hangs up and places him on the bed.
He removes the heavy clothing that he had made him wear. His eyes are red from all the crying.
He looks at his nappy and has no idea how to rip it.
He thinks of taking a knife or scissors to cut it, but he would hurt him.
He brings his face closer to Two and rips the nappy with his teeth, but as soon as it was out. Two let out a flood of poop and it fell on Lungelo's face.
Lungelo frowned and opened his mouth disgusted, some got in his mouth.
"Ahh ahh ahh", he spoke with his mouth open. He remained on the spot unable to move.
.
.
.
Kukhanya takes a deep breath and knocks inside his office. She better confess now before things get out of hand.
She is told to come in, she finds him with that friend of his.
Kukhanya:Oh I'll come back later if you are busy.
Siya:No, lock the door.
She looks at them and she couldn't read their expressions.
Siya:Sit.
He commands..
She sits down.
Siya:Tell me, when your internship ends here. What do you plan on doing?
Kukhanya:I am hoping to keep on working here Sir, I love this company.
Siya:You love this company?
Kukhanya:Yes.
Siya:THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STEALING FROM ME!?
He shouted and banged the table with his fist.
Kukhanya jumped a little feeling scared.
Kukhanya:What are you talking about Sir?
Siya:DON'T MAKE ME A FOOL! UNGANGENZI INGQUZA KUKHANYA!! (DON'T MAKE ME A P*SSY KUKHANYA)
He was angry, she has never seen such anger before. It reminded her of something.
Zesulwa held him back because he was now trying to stand up and go to Kukhanya.
Zesulwa:Siya calm down man.
Siya:SHE FUCKIN STOLE FROM ME!
Kukhanya:I'm sorry.
Siya chuckled and kept on turning and shaking his head.
"She's sorry.. She says she's sorry", he says to himself and laughs still turning his head.
Kukhanya looks at him in shock wondering what's going on with him.
Kukhanya:Is he okay?
Zesulwa:Leave.
Kukhanya:What's wrong with him? What is he doing?
Zesulwa:I said leave.
He pushes her out and locks the door. He turns to Siya who was now kneeling on the floor and rocking himself back and forth.
Siya:*Crying*She says she's sorry.
Zesulwa gulps his fear down and walks towards him.
Zesulwa:Siya..
He lifts his eyes and looks at him. He now had this emotionless expression on his face.
Siya:She stole from me.
Zesulwa:Siya.. Calm down. She will bring back all the money. It's still untouched.
Siya gasps and moves away from him.
Zesulwa tries getting closer to him again but he moves even more back, he was scared and hugging his arms.
Siya:Leave me alone.. Don't touch me. Please don't hit me again.
Zesulwa looks at him and sighs.
He rubs his face feeling so helpless.
Zesulwa:I won't hit you.. Calm down and let's talk.. Kukhanya will bring back the money. All of it, I will make sure. No one will hit you.
Siya:You promise?
Zesulwa:I promise. Now can you breathe in and out for me?
Siya took a deep breath in and out.
Zesulwa:Good. Now stand up, no one will hurt you.
He slowly stood up and frowned his face looking confused. He felt dizzy and almost fell down but Zesulwa caught him as he collapsed.
.
.
.
Zola:How did he find out?
Kukhanya:I think it's that friend of his. He was angry, if that guy wasn't there he would have killed me. Then he started acting weird.
Zola:Weird how?
Kukhanya:I don't know, like a psychopath.
Zola:Haybo Kukhanya! Don't say that.
Kukhanya:I'm serious, but I don't think I'm out of trouble yet. He'll probably fire me.
Zola:I'm sure he won't, just make sure you return all the money.
Kukhanya:Okay I will...
They were disturbed by a knock on the door.
Kukhanya:I will get it.
She left and Zola went to another room to make a phone call.
He called his number but nothing. She sighed and called him again but someone else answered his phone.
Zesulwa:Hello.
Zola:Hi, I'm looking for Siya.
Zesulwa:He is not available for now.
Zola:Is he okay?
Zesulwa:Not at all, he's not doing good.
Zola:What happened?
Zesulwa:Wait who is this? Is this Nokuzola?
Zola:Yes, do you know me?
Zesulwa:He has been talking about you since I arrived, I wanted to meet you but he said you dumped him. Why did you dump my boy Nokuzola?
Zola:I didn't dump him like he puts it.
Zesulwa:So the two of you are still in a relationship?
Zola:No that's not what I'm saying.. I mean I... *Sigh*What is wrong with him?
Zesulwa:Come and see him for yourself. He is still sleeping for now.
Zola:Okay I'm coming.
She hung up and wondered what was wrong with Siya, but she is going to see him. She hears commotion from outside. She follows the noise and finds a girl grabbing and pulling Kukhanya's hair so hard. She separates them and hold the girl but she springs out of her grip and rush to Kukhanya giving her a lightning slap.
Zola:Nkosi yami Aybo! (My God!)
She holds Ase again.
Zola:What the hell is going on here?
Ase:Ngicela ungiyeke ma ngifuna ukumshaya lo(Please leave me alone ma, I want to beat this one).
Zola:No one is fighting in my presence. We are going to sit down and talk about what the two of you are fighting about.
Kukhanya rubs her cheek.
Zola tells Ase to sit down but she goes to Kukhanya and pins her down giving her multiple slaps.
Zola shakes her head removing her from Kukhanya again, while she was still holding her ;Kukhanya saw that as an opportunity to hit Ase on her stomach and kicked her.
Zola:Aybo leziyngane!(These children!) Yekani lento enizenzayo! (Stop what you are doing).
She pushes Kukhanya and Ase breaks free from her and run to Kukhanya pulling her by her shirt.
Zola raise her hands in surrender.
Zola:Shayanani ke! Ngiyaniyeka Mina! (Hit each other! I am not interfering!).
.
.
To be continued...