Chapter Three: The Mine

Ṱн𝖤 Ṃ𝗅ղ𝖤

It was almost sundown, and Hope decided to take his bike to the mine, after parking his car back at his home.

What Hope didn't know, was that he wasn't the only one there. Jason and Billy were close to the Quarry, a girl was doing yoga on a rock, a boy was watching the girl, and Kimberly was taking a swim.

Hope hid his bike near the entrance, and decided to walk towards where he needed to go, on foot. The Mine was a place for him to relax, it's where he goes to after a hard day.

Hope found his spot, which was near a cliff, that has the view of the entire town. He stood there, closes his eyes, and took a deep breath. Remembering all the things that ever happened in his life, and remembering the only person who ever cared for him, when he was a child.

His mom. Hope remembers her, like he always remember her. She was the only person who ever cared for him, as for her husband, he never cared about him as much as him mom had. In time like these, Hope remembers a song, that his mom always sings to him.

From when he was a baby. The song has a lot of meaning in it, and it's usually sang to the person most important in their lives. Hope always sing this son, in memory of his mom. He begins to sing.

What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
(I prefer the cover version, but you can still use the original one)

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!

Hope could remember when he was a baby, and his mom would sing the song to him. His mom would hold him, as they were in the open field, singing to him, while twirling.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!

He could still remember, when he was a child, he came home from school one day, had tears in his eyes, and an injured knee. He remembers how his mother was worried about him, how she bandaged his injury, and kiss it to make the pain go away.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying, "How do you do?"
They're really saying, "I love you"

He remembers the time, when his mother would bring him outside to a café, how he saw many different couples at different tables, and how his mother explains to him that he can love anyone, whether it's a girl or a boy.

I hear babies cry, and I watched them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!

He could remember that day at the hospital, when he was in the hospital gown, standing next to his mom, how she slowly raise her hand towards him, how it felt when she told him to not be sad, and sings the song one last time to him, as tears were in her eyes.

Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world!

Hope poured all of his heart in singing the last line. He had tears running down his face, and he wipes it off. He was surprised, when he heard clapping. He turned around and saw Jason there.

"You have a wonderful voice." Jason complimented.

"Didn't expect someone to be here." Hope said, and he turns back towards watching the town. "Well, didn't expect you to be here."