Chapter Nine: Heart of Gold

ḤĔÅɌ𝞣 ၀𝑭 Ģ၀ʟ𝑫

Hope and Jason walk towards the school's field, and saw the others.

"So, we all got the same text." Kimberly said.

"Where is she?" Hope asked.

Zack and Billy shrugs.

"I'm here." Trini said, as she appeared at the entrance. "Look, Rita came to my house tonight."

"What?" Kimberly said.

"Yeah. She's real..." Trini said, and reveal the scratch marks on her neck. "Insane. She nearly killed me. She was trying to get me to join her." She said. "She said, she'd spared my life if I could keep a secret."

"What secret?" Zack asked.

"At dawn, the destruction of Angel Grove begins." Trini said.

"This is real. This is the end." Kimberly said.

"No, it's not." Jason said. "Where is she?" He asked.

"She said to meet her where the dead ships live." Trini said.

"Okay. That's the boatyard by the docks, right?" Jason said. "Let's go."

Everyone was silent and unsure.

"Are you serious? No one?" Jason said.

"Jason, we're not even Power Rangers yet." Hope said.

"I say we go back to Zordon." Billy said.

"Okay, the only reason Zordon wanted us to become Power Rangers is so that he can come back to life." Jason said.

"What makes you say that?" Billy asked.

"Because he told me." Jason said.

"Jerk." Hope said, not at Jason, but at Zordon.

"Wait, so it's all a lie?" Billy asked.

"Of course, it was a lie Billy." Jason said. "We failed. Let's stop being delusional about being a team of superheroes. We're all screw-ups." He said. "And as much as I hate this scrubby, bullshit town, I don't wanna sit around and watch it die, okay?

Let's go and do the one thing that's been asked of us and kill Rita." Jason said.

"You know this is a really bad idea, right?" Trini asked.

"The worst." Jason replied. "Let's vote. Show of hands." He said.

Hope raised his hand first, followed by Trini, Kimberly, Zack, Jason, Billy.

"Let's do it." Jason said, and they left the field.

Ꝓⲟ𝖶ԑᏒ Ꮢ𝚫ח𝐆ԑᏒऽ

Everyone begin making their way towards the boatyard, while grabbing a weapon.

They made it into the warehouse.

"Okay. Okay, let's go." Jason whispered.

Everyone ran towards the figure in the middle, they saw that it is a man.

Zack was going to untie the man, Trini stops him. They saw water dripping from the sealing, and Rita jumps down. Everyone fell.

"Right on time." Rita said. "I was beginning to think you were to dumb to know where the dead ships live." She said.

Trini threw her weapon at her, and it missed.

"Let's play." Rita said, and all of them starts fighting, it is proving to be difficult without armor.

Ꝓⲟ𝖶ԑᏒ Ꮢ𝚫ח𝐆ԑᏒऽ

Everyone are now trapped to a boat by enchanted ropes.

"Six little Rangers tied up like fish." Rita said, she stops in front of Jason. "The leader? Oh, hello, Red." She said. Jason headbutted her. "You're not entirely disappointing. Oh, look at you. Trying to figure out my plan. I'll just tell you.

Yellow has led you to your deaths. Because I'm going to kill you." Rita said, as she walk around them. "One by one, until you tell me, where is my crystal." She said.

Hope breathe hitched.

"We don't know." Jason said.

"No, Red. You don't know! But guess what?" Rita said. "One of you does. Who could it be?" She said, and look towards the others. "Eenie, meenie, miney... Gold." She said, as she stops in front of Hope.

"Gold, so loyal. Heart of gold." Rita said. "Tell the class what you know! Where's my crystal?" She asked.

Hope didn't answer.

"You can tell me now, Gold, or you can tell me after I kill all your friends." Rita said. "Let's start with Black." She said, and points her staff at Zack's neck. Zack's begin growing dark veins. "He dies in three, two..." She said.

"Okay! Okay!" Hope said, and Rita let's go. "Just don't hurt them." He said. "It's at a dining establishment." He answered.

"Where? What does that mean? What's it called?" Rita questioned.

"It's at Krispy Kreme." Hope said.

"Krispy Kreme?" Zack whispered.

"Krispy Kreme." Rita said. "This is a special place."

"Very special." Hope said.

"It must be." Rita said. "The source of life itself is buried there." She said. She pats Hope's cheek. "Thank you, Gold, for being so weak. Zordon would lose all respect for me if I don't kill you." She said, as she was about to leave. "At least one of you."

"What?" Trini said.

Rita blasted a pulse, causing the rope around Hope to loosened, and he fell into the water.

The others begin screaming, shouting and yelling for Hope.

"Hope!" Billy, Zack and Kimberly shouted.

"Jason, we gotta help him!" Trini said.

"Hope! No!" Jason yelled.

The rope that was tied to Hope stopped.

"You're not ready to kill me." Rita said. "Ha! You're not worthy." She said, and she released the others.

The others quickly got up, and pull the ropes. While Rita leaves the area.