3:Opinions

Three

Three.

There are three hands raised for Nehemiah.

My eye find Richard he hasn't voted.

The entire room seems to freezes at the shocking turn of events.

Richard doesn't seem like the man to break tradition.

Noticing the stir Richard speaks. "I believe both are equally capable of leading, so I have another proposal."

We all stare waiting of the old wise man to speak. "You both will come up with a new financial solution for the company. A new idea that is fresh and will bring this company out of debt. Whoever comes up with the most money from their ideas becomes the new CEO. The time limit will be Mr. Winter's birthday."

I take a moment to let his words sink in.

A competition that shows who is superior.

"Deal." I state not giving myself another moment to think.

"I agree as well." Nehemiah deep voice follows after mine.

"Since that's settled let get back to business. May the best man or woman win." Richard states exiting the meeting room.

I follow after him before I'm stopped by someone calling my name.

I turn around to face the man who ambushed me and his son. "Can you show my son to his office? It's the one across from yours. He will be the new COO for the time being." Mr. Winter ask knowing I can say no since the investors are still here.

I clench my fist in anger

"Yes." I give him a fake smile signaling for him to follow me.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Nehemiah is the son of my enemy.

Not to say Gregory isn't a terrible looking man. He has aged very nicely for a man in his fifties.

They just look nothing alike. His eyes are dark brown while Nehemiah are the exact opposite. Everything is almost the exact opposite.

Actually they have had their success due to nepotism.

"I'm sorry about in there." I don't bother to acknowledge him as I press the button for the elevator. "I was trying to sell what I think is right."

I scoff at his hilarious bull shit antics. I turn so I can face him completely. "You're not sorry about what you said. Because given the chance you would do the same thing again. You're only sorry when you don't do it again. So please save the pity sorries for someone who is naïve enough to believe them."

The elevator door dings and I step inside. Nehemiah following after me. "Also you have a very... how do I put this?" I think for amount of how to say this without getting reported to HR. "You have an appalling since of what is right."