8:Serenity

The warm and humid Florida air hits my skin

The warm and humid Florida air hits my skin. Immediately the stickiness of the humid is felt all over my skin.

I'm happy I choose to braid my hair for this vacation.  If my hair was flat ironed it would have been a curly mess.

Reaching in my bag I pull out my sunglasses to protect me from the beaming sun.

"Are you going to help?" I turn to Caleb and Harlem who are struggling to unpack our belongings from the private jet.

I hold my tote bag showing it to the two of them. "I did."

I turn around walking towards the SUV. Opening the driver side door. Usually I would wait for one of them to do it for me, but they seem busy.

I speak to the older gentleman before relaxing surrounded by A/C.

It's way to fucking humid here. I feel sticky and sweaty at the same time it's disgusting. I wish I had some baby powder to help with the feeling.

I sigh leaning my head against the head rest, next time we are sticking with San Diego. I watch Harlem struggle to carry down both our surf boards. He better not drop my shit or I'm beating his ass.

He almost drops mine but catches it at the last second. Negro is lucky he almost lost his life right there.

I want to tell him to be careful, but he will just give me the middle finger. So instead I relax letting the stress of work slip away. The stress of Nehemiah and he father. The stress of the project. The stress of life it's self melts in the air conditioned car.

My only job here is to surf, relax, and get laid. I didn't even bring my laptop. AKA Caleb took out of of my bag last minute and I didn't know until an hour before we landed.

Thirty minutes later the boys finished packing the car. We begin our journey to Caleb's new beach house. I of course gave my words of encouragement which was met with death glares and middle fingers.

As we drive my eyes can't help but look around the new scenery. I've never visited Florida.

It reminds me of Palm Springs except it's way more humid and the ocean isn't as beautiful. I can see some waves forming in the distance.

My excitement builds at the thought of surfing in the Atlantic Ocean.

One of my dreams is to surf in every Ocean. It's dumb but Harlem and I have surfed in every ocean  besides the Atlantic and Arctic.

My favorite is still the Pacific. The waves and atmosphere will always be home to me. A way of calming myself in the darkest times.

The calming moment before I paddle my board to connect with the wave.

Finding the perfect swell that I can ride it all the way to the shore.