27: Lies

For someone who is about to be the CEO of a company this isn't the way one should act

For someone who is about to be the CEO of a company this isn't the way one should act. They shouldn't pull out their bottle of scotch when they are still on the clock. When their rival is sitting right across from them. When they have just been promoted to CEO and been given all their dreams. No I should be acting like this. But right now if I don't take the edge off I might kill someone.

So as I down what maybe my third glass of the night I start to give less of a fuck about what I should be doing. It's three drinks too late of what I should be doing. God knows now that I have tasted the liquid sun I won't be able to stop. I won't be able to stop until the Smokey amber liquid has taken away my sorrows.

I almost laugh at how stupid I sound. No amount of liquor can save me from my life. I also know that I won't find my answer at the bottom of this bottle. I would be nice though. The have a answer engraved into the bottom of the glass. But life sucks and I can't tell there isn't a fucking answer at the bottom of this glass.

"You are thinking to hard." My eyes snap to the storm grays in front of me. I could barely hear him from the loud pattering of rain.

"No such thinking." He smiles loosely at my words. I'm starting to hate that smile more. It pisses me off how perfect it is. Nothing jagged nothing broken just a perfect simple smile.

I cross my legs which brushes my bare thighs against him. For a second I shutter at how warm he is. The liquor is loosening me up not warming me. I thought Los Angeles was supposed to be warm? "It is when you nose crinkles and you can't hear others speak."

"I heard you speak that is why we are having a conversation Mr Winter." A low laugh leaves his lips that sparks more warmth that the liquor has.

"You don't always have to have a smart mouth."

"Would you rather I speak as if I was two." I snap at him glaring into his stormy blue eyes. The once joyful tune that had has now left. Thanks to yours truly.

Nehemiah runs a hand through his hair. "Why are you always so guarded?" He lets out a huff standing in frustration.

Nehemiah starts pacing in annoyance as his eyes stay locked onto me.

"I am not this is my personality."

"Lies." He stares me dead in my eyes as if it's a challenge.

"You seem unacceptable of the truth. Has the liquor gotten to you this much. I huff crossing my arms nonchalantly." Nehemiah tilts his head to the side seemingly amazed by my behavior.

"You're impossible." He chuckles taking his jacket off and handing it to me. I don't bother to reach for it. I barely even look at it.

"The newest CEO freezing herself to death is not a good looking on the company." I scoff rolling my eyes while taking the jacket. Quickly I slip it on and snuggle into his left over warmth.

Nehemiah takes his seat next to me again and I have to stop myself from curling into his side. The liquor is really working for him he is radiating heat. "I told Elena what happened."

I almost choke on air. "Yeah and how was that. Should I expect a witch hunt."

"No but are you open to signing a NDA." My neck snaps in his direction he's already looking at me. His expression searching for something in mine.

"Probably not." Add butter to your bread. "It was a mistake anyhow."

"Do you regret it?" I am certain he didn't hear my last statement, or has chosen to ignore me.

"Yes." I say with no hesitation and the blankest look on my face.

"Liar." He states leaning in closer. "Does alcohol make you a liar?"

I scoff turning away from him. My fucking checks are blushing, and I would rather be staked with a knife than look at him.

"You've lied to me twice Chicago." That gets me to look back at him. He's calling me by my name and he isn't fucking me.

"How unprofessional." I state placing a hand on his chest to push him away. To shove him off the building if that will give me back the air I need to breathe. But for someone reason my hand is not pushing and is now resting... on his chest.

He laughs. "We are so past unprofessional." He look at my lips then dead in the eyes. His breath mingling with mine almost seeming as it is one. "Let me kiss you.

"You are drunk."

"No. I was a blind man who can see, and knows he's desperate." His forehead rest against mine causing my eyes to flutter close at the comfort.

"Desperate for what." I ask licking my lips my tongue almost running across his lips. A low growl escapes his lips as he press his body against mine.

"Desperate for a woman who doesn't want him. Desperate to be broken from the binds of a relationship he wants." Lie. I want him more than I should. I want him more than I even know.

"Lies." I state almost crashing my lips onto his.

He lets out a chuckles. "Let's me prove how wrong you are peach."

It was the liquor I would like to say. It was the liquor that led me the place my lips against his. The liquor that lead me to allow his arms to hold me as tight as possible. The liquor that allowed him to fuck me against the patio furniture. That would be a lie because it was nothing but pure sin.

I am no better than my father. We are both causing my misery.