Chapter - 4

Recap: Akhil choose a saree for Jhaanvi without her knowing and later Navya's grandpa falls ill that reveals many truths to Akhil. 

***********************

" It is not shame to be deceived but it is a shame to stay in the deception after knowing it " .

Akhil was sitting on the shore with a bottle of alcohol feeling ashame of himself that how he was deceived by Liya about the caring side of her. He had been a fool almost a year to be blind in believing her inspite of many warnings from his friends. How could his eyes deceive him when he himself saw Liya with her grandpa many times in the park. 

The image of Jhaanvi's tearful face and her caring for the old man, the way he came to know on her caring side for Liya's grandpa got etched in his heart. There could never be a person as humble and caring as Jhaanvi. For all these months he believed in Liya's words that Jhaanvi is a manipulator and was always behind men. Adding to it the image of her with a boy on his engagement made him believe those words but nothing seem right now.

Her soulful voice when she sung expressed the pain and he could not forget those voice of hers which kept haunting him now.

"Why are you here at this hours Akhil ?" Kabir's voice broke his trance and Akhil looked at him. Kabir felt bad instantly to see his pale face.

Kabir: Hey Akhil what happened man. why are you lost like this ? Did something happen ?

Sanjay: Amma told that you all went to shopping and later to Liya's home. what happened there. Did you guys fight ?

Akhil: What is love ?

Kabir and Sanjay looked at each other and shrugged.

Sanjay: Adhu therinja yenda inga unkooda irukka poren. En aal kooda jolly ah irundhu irukka matten. ( If I had known why would I be here with you instead being happily with my girl )

Akhil frowned at their untimely counter and averted his gaze towards the waves.

Akhil: Lets leave. I have too much work to be finished at office tomorrow.

Kabir: Will you tell us on what happened now ?

Akhil: nothing or atleast not now. I will tell when I myself have a clear idea on what I wanted to discuss.

Sanjay: Confirm he has gone nuts. Lets leave . Already its midnight. 

The next two days Akhil switched off his mobile and stayed in office all time. On the third day he was in his room with Kabir and Sanjay who were nudging him to join them for lunch and after a long time Akhil accepted and they reached the parking only to be met with Liya and her friends. Liya gave a warm smile at Akhil and clinged to his arm immediately.

Liya: Akhil baby I just came to meet you to take you lunch with us. My friends wanted to meet you before marriage. Please don't refuse.

Kabir: Oh sorry Liya, we are already ahead for lunch. May be take him another day.

Liya: good then lets go together.

Sanjay: No you take him we will join some other time.

Akhil: you wanted lunch right, now come lets go together. Akhil spoke gritting his teeth towards his friends.

Liya and her friends in a car and Akhil with his friends in a car they reached the nearby luxury restaurant and they took a private table.

Liya sat next to Akhil and held his hands showing her PDA. Soon a waiter took their orders and in the mean time Liya's friends insisted her to introduce to Akhil's friends. Kabir who was drinking the water choked on hearing it.