2

han was suddenly woken up by a loud noise that came from their phone that was placed on the bedside table next to their , now messy and clearly slept-in bed , making them jump up from the sudden sound that brought them back from peaceful soft-washed dreams to a miserable and dark reality that slowly repeated itself day by day .

actually the annoying alarm wasn't a part of han's usual morning routine , it was an alarm they had set and forgotten to turn off from the only tuesdays , since last tuesday they had made an early appointment to get a little tattoo , that was now engraved deep in the skin of their left wrist's side . it was a little dainty semicolon tattoo . it was simple but still held a lot of meaning for han , reminding them to keep going and to never fall back into the toxic habits ever again as thoughts about relapsing would still constantly cross their mind from time to time . the tattoo was for the little hannie that went through way too much .

han groaned before extending their arm and turning off the ear-bleeding alarm from hell , that had woken them up at 8:01 am . it was such an odd time to set your alarm on , but the reason behind it was rather simple - it triggered han if the number was on even . it just didn't look right - uncomfortable .

after getting a better grip on their phone from the bedside table , they brought it closer to themselves , keeping their eyes partly closed since it was still quite dark outside and the screen of the phone was far too bright , but han wasn't bothered enough to bring it down , so they just had to deal with the uncomfortable feeling drying off their eyes , before completely adjusting to the brightness .

the first thing they checked was if they had received any messages from anyone that was possibly interested in renting an apartment together . and surprisingly they did . there were messages from a couple of different people , which han decided to open one by one , starting with the one that was sent just an hour after the ad was published .

unknown

hey saw your ad and im interested.
saw something about a college
meaning you are young ?;)

maybe you like older men ?

let's room together and have some fun;)))
what do you think ?

sent at 1:27 am

gross they thought . this is the perfect example of what type of roommate han was NOT looking for .

are you sure you want to block this number ?
cancel | yes

han didn't seem to lose hope in finding a good roommate just yet since they still had some unopened messages with a bunch of different offers , so they hurried and proceeded to look for the next one hoping it was the one .

unknown

i saw your ad
i'm thinking about near the Kingdom
college ? lmk if its good

sent at 2:01 am

aghh the kingdom college was located way too far from han's college which would have been a major inconvenience considering having to take not only one but two busses , putting them at having to leave the apartment at 6:15 am and they still would barely make it on time . no , the offer was immediately erased out of the options .

this went on for a while : just han laying in their bed and scrolling down the messages . they had found a couple of okay offers but they were still not completely satisfied due to not finding the perfect one that fulfilled all of their requirements they had made in their head . han was starting to lose any hope that they still held onto in the back of their head . it all came down to the last message that was left unopened in the messages app . here goes nothing .

unknown

hey , i saw you're looking for a roommate.
well , me too

i also go to District college so its
convenient for both of us

sent at 7:56 am

han stopped for a second , having to read it all over again , not wanting to believe at how perfect the offer seemed . they waisted no time in replying .

hey ! i think it would work for both of us
www.apartmentssoul.com

sent at 8:54 am

han replied by attaching a link to an apartment they had an eye on for sometime now . it was a rather small place but just big enough to fit two college students . it had two small bedrooms that could fit a bed , closet and some other random shit that a teenager would need , a bathroom and a kitchen that was connected with the living room . han's thoughts were interrupted by their phone buzzing .

unknown

looks good !
not too big or fancy but still has
enough space to fit our personal lifes
oh btw how old are you ?

i'm 18 , you ?

22:)

last year of college ?

yeah and it's your first
or second ?

first

alr

sent at 9:05 am

han didn't know how to feel about the 4 year gap between them even tho it wasn't even that big . they just felt a bit intimidated , that's all . but they were so glad that they had finally found the perfect option which surprisingly happened to be the last one out of all of them . destiny ? maybe .

both of them talked some more about the boring process of buying an apartment trying to figure out everything , none of them asked nothing about their personal lives and stuff as they thought they would figure it out in person instead of just mindless texting that would get them nowhere .

a/n : how are yall doing ? are you eating or not eating ? you have to eat well . talk to me .