Chapter 31

~Saturday evening: Vortex club party~

Lights flashed, loud music was playing, drunk people everywhere, dancing in and out of the water. This was just a typical students party. Nathan texted me that he would meet me there, so I just went in and looked around. I saw some people from my classes and I saw Courtney standing at the bar and drinking from a red cup. Then I saw the VIP- section, where probably all the 'cool' kids were. I also saw Warren, completely drunk and probabaly waiting for Max, but I didn't think that she would come anyways.When I wanted to walk up to him, I heard someone shouting my name. When I turned around, I saw that it was Dana, dancing with one of the skater boys and waving me over. I didn't see Nathan anywhere, so I walked up to her.

"Hey Dana. What's up?", I asked her, shouting because the music was just way too loud. "Wanna dance? Come on, you don't look like you like it here." I looked at her doubtfully. "I'm not into partying." I told her and then the boy, Trevor, said that he wanted to meet somebody on this party. He gave Dana a quick kiss and then he walked off. "Oh come on. It's fun." Dana said and I sighed. "You might be right." With that, I started dancing slowly but I actually liked it, so Dana and I had lots of fun dancing together to the music.

After a while, I looked around to see Nathan standing at the bar, drinking and talking to Courtney. He was watching me and I blushed as I noticed him. "Listen, Dana." I said. "I gotta go right now. But thank you for convincing me. It was fun." "You could come to my room sometimes and we could have a little dance party." Dana suggested. "Great idea, thanks." With that I walked over to Nathan, who had a devilish smirk on his face.

"Damn, Nathan. How long have you been here?", I asked him, slightly smiling but still blushing. "No worries, babe. You look cute dancing." Nathan smiled and I looked at Courtney. She didn't seem quiet happy. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked her worriedly. She sighed. "I had a date today. He didn't come yet." "That sucks." I said. "I'm sorry Courtney." "And now, I have no time to wait for him anymore, because I have to be the gatekeeper for the VIP lounge now." She explained. "But..." Nathan started. "Couldn't you just let somebody else to do that for you? There are some fresh members who would kill to do that. For whatever reason." "Like... I don't know. Maybe..." Courtney said after a while of thinking. "But, should I just ask somebody now?" "Why not?" I said and she shrugged. "You're right. Wait a minute." With that, she went away and I smiled at Nathan. "You should dance more often." He smirked as he took my hand. "If you think so..." I said. "It felt really good. You can just forget about all that shitty crap around for a moment."

Courtney came back to us, looking much happier than before. "Good news?" I asked and she nodded. "Yep, yep. Sarah will do it. She almost got on her knees to beg for it. But as soon as she does one mistake, she'll be out." "So you're having fun with the new recruits again?" Nathan asked, looking amused. "Oh, yeah. I mean... it's party time, so why not?" Then another boy came over to us. "Courtney?" He asked. "Sorry, I'm late, I know. I just... um..." He looked at Nathan and started stuttering. "Come on, Nate. Let's go. Let's give them some space" I said as I noticed that the boy didn't feel comfortable and dragged him away with me.

After three or four hours of partying, which was actually just drinking and sometimes a bit of dancing and talking to others who were so wasted that they couldn't stand on one spot anymore, I decided to go back because I got really tired. So I asked Nathan if he wanted to come with me and he nodded quickly. We went to my room, I wanted to take a shower before going to bed so Nathan stayed in there to wait for me.

When I came back, I saw him lying in bed, he had already fallen asleep, so I slowly walked towards him, I didn't want to wake him up, and lay down next to him. I felt him pulling me closer, so he probably wasn't completely sleeping  and I closed my eyes, enjoying this moment. After a while, Nathan must have thought that I was already asleep, I felt him kissing my forehead and whispering "Sleep well, beautiful".