Chapter 7

I've always hoped that everything would change at my new school. But life fucked me again. Another shitty day on another shitty school in my shitty life. Everything was full of crap. I wanted to destroy something- to break things just to get rid of all these emotions in me. My life has always been hell but the first week at Blackwell made me feel hopeful. Well, no hope for me, I thought. These words hurt more than anything else. When people call you a loser, a weirdo, or something like that. I lay in my bed, my blanket covering me completely, and started crying. It felt like hours but actually, not many time has passed. It felt like I could never again stop crying when I suddenly heard a knock on my door.

"Go away!" I shouted, sniffing. "But I'm worried." The person on the other side of the door said. I quickly realized that it was Nathan speaking to me. "As I said, I'm okay." "Oh, goddammit, No, you're not! Please open the door. Please." He sounded upset and sad. I actually didn't want to see him right now but I didn't want him to worry either. I sighed. "Fine. Come in." I finally said and the door opened but I was still under my blanket. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I sniffed when Nathan pulled the blanket away from me and sat on my bed. I felt so uncomfortable, knowing that he saw me this way but I didn't have enough energy to do anything about that.

"Hey..." Nathan said slowly and stroke my arm slightly. "What's going on? You know that you can tell me." "I've... I've been bullied for years... people made fun of me and called me things like..." I stopped and took a deep breath. "Like... 'smartass', 'whore', 'cunt'... for no reason. I came here because... because I thought that it would stop. But it doesn't. It's still the same- just... with different people. It sucks." In that moment I burst into tears once again. "I saw you talking to Victoria earlier today. Did she...?" Nathan asked. "She called me a shitty loser. Not much, I know, but..." "Enough to hurt people. I know how you feel. I've gone through this too."He told me. "You have?" I asked him confused and he nodded. "Sometimes... it's good to go outside. Wanna come with me?" "Why? So that people can mock at me again?" I sounded a bit angrier than I wanted to. "Trust me. Sometimes it's good to get some fresh air. Please come with me." Nathan tried to convince me and after a while, I nodded and stood up slowly, put my shoes on, and then we went to his truck.

I was still sad but knowing that Nathan was there for me made it a bit better. He was driving, I had no idea where he wanted to go and he didn't answer when I asked him. I was kinda tired from crying but I also thought that it was a really good idea to catch some fresh air. I was truly thankful that Nathan tried to make me feel better and I thought that he might have been the first person to actually care about me- except for my family when they didn't have to work or something. I was completely lost in my thoughts when suddenly Nathan's voice pulled me back to reality. "We're here!"

As we got out of the car, I saw that Nathan drove to the beach. It was really lovely there, the sound of the water, the birds and that typical smell as I took a deep breath. I really needed that. Nathan took my hand and pulled me slightly towards a bench on which we sat down and watched the sun setting slowly. We were quiet for a rather long time when Nathan started stroking my hand so gently that I almost wouldn't have noticed it but it felt kinda good. He surely was an amazing person.