Chapter 38

Shit. I was driving home from the gynecologist because I felt strange the past few days and I also didn't get my period, and received life changing news. I was pregnant. I've talked to Nathan about having children and all multiple times, but he always told me that he didn't want children. Or at least not yet. How should I tell him? What would he say? Would he leave me? When I arrived at our house, I didn't want to get out of the car, I was just to nervous and afraid of what would happen.

I took a deep breath and got out. I unlocked the door and got scared for a moment when I saw Nathan standing right behind it, waiting for me. He knew that I wanted to go to the doctor, but he didn't know why. I just told him that I didn't feel good. I was trembling when he looked at me and I couldn't say a word. "Babe, what's wrong?", Nathan asked, slowly walking towards me, but I immediately took a step back, still not able to speak. "What did the doctor say?" I started crying and Nathan reached his hand out and stroked my arm slightly to calm me down, but I pushed his arm away and rushed into the bathroom.

I sat down on the floor, leaning against the door and crying. Not like I wasn't happy to be pregnant but I just didn't know how to tell Nathan and I was afraid that he would be mad at me or even leave me. I put a hand on my belly, I couldn't believe that there was a human growing inside. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Babe, please open." Nathan said from the other side. "I'm worried, come on." I slowly stood up and opened the door to see Nathan with tears in his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked again. "I wasn't at the normal doctors office. I was at the gynecologists. I didn't get my period this month." I explained and Nathan looked at me in confusion. "I'm pregnant." I started crying again, Nathan was shocked but then he came closer to me and hugged me. After a little while in which we didn't move at all, he pulled away. "Why are you crying? That's... that's great!" He said and now I was confused. "Really? So you're not gonna leave me now?" I asked, sniffing and saw that Nathan chuckled. Then he looked into my eyes and whiped a tear out of them. "Why should I leave you? We made that together. I can't belive it." "So you're happy about the baby?" I asked. "Of course I am. And we can do everything together. We can do this and it'll be great. Trust me. You'll have a good time." Nathan sounded so excited and happy which made me feel better.

"Since you have to eat for two now..." Nathan started. "Wanna order a pizza?" I laughed. "You wanted to do that anyways, right?" I asked. "Shit. You got me." Nathan smiled and we went out of the bathroom together. We watched my favorite movie while eating and after that, we cuddled. I noticed that Nathan was looking at me again and again and he just smiled. Later, I felt that his hand was on my belly, slightly stroking it. "I can't belive that there is a human inside." he whispered. "It feels so unrealistic, right?" I asked and he nodded slowly. Then I looked up at him and smiled. "You're right. It'll be great." Then we shared a long and loving kiss.

~Two months later~

I went to the doctor to check if everything went correctly and he told me that I could tell my family now because soon they would see it anyways. We lived in Florida now, three hours away from my family though, so we had to tell both our families via skype. When we told them, they were shocked at first but later they were happy for us and excited to get a grandchild. My mother also gave me some tips how to make it a good time and what was the best to eat and so on. My siblings told me afterwards that they were really excited and that they bet whether it would be a girl or a boy and I had to laugh. Nathan's sister told him that she was really proud of him for doing what he wanted and not what their parents expected. So both of our families were happy with what we told them and we were happy too.

~Another ten years later~

"Time for dinner!" I shouted, standing in the door frame. The kids were playing in our garden and it made me happy to see that they got along well. We had two boys, Emil and Tim, and two girls, Sofia and Rose. They entered the house and washed their hands before sitting down at the table together with Nathan and me. "How was school today?" I asked and we let Tim and Sofia (who were old enough to go to school already) tell us what they've learned and also what their homework was, so that Nathan and I could help them. Rose also told us about her day in kindergarden and Emil, who was still staying at home with me, told us what they were playing before dinner. Then, after we cleaned the table, the kids came to Nathan and me and just looked at us, not saying anything. "What's wrong?" I asked them calmly. "We wondered how you two met for the first time." Sofia said and Nathan and I laughed. "Sit down and we'll tell you." Nathan said and we all went to the living room together. "It all started when I came to a new school and sat outside in the grass. This was the first time that I saw your father..."