Chapter Thirty-Eight

The morning light trickled through the window into the snug flat

The morning light trickled through the window into the snug flat. The room was illuminated with the white sky. Alongside with the morning rush and buzz of the people and traffic below, the lids to my eyes squinted, trying to open up.

Just as I was slowly regaining consciousness from my deep slumber, a different sensation had entered my body.

It felt like, after all my years of living, I was waking up feeling peaceful. My mind wasn't overcrowded with tension and thoughts and my stomach didn't feel heavy with dread. It almost felt like I was in a cloud of bliss, where a calming peace was washing into me.

Bit by bit, my eyes flickered trying to get used to the brightness surrounding me, as I pointed my toes, stretching the knots out of my body, I realised a heavy arm wrapped around me.

I looked down to study the strong arm draped around me, like it was protecting me. For a moment, I couldn't quite figure out what had happened, as the morning confusion was still lingering around my brain.

It was only until I arched my head over my shoulder, where I found a peaceful Zac deep in his own slumber, worlds away.

It all the came flashing back to me. Seeing him here in New York, pushing him away, regretting it, confessing all and proclaiming our desire and passion for each other.

Everything we had suppressed for so long, finally came to light and went off like a firework between us. I replayed all the moments of last night, remembering the way he made me feel. I hadn't quite felt like this ever, new and raw emotions existed between us. Leading up to the morning of waking up, I had never felt better.

Slowly, without causing a lot of movement, I turned my body to face Zac. My face was met with his lean and chiselled chest. With his arm still draped over me, I shuffled closer and leaned into his chest. I closed my eyes and felt the radiance emitting from him, alongside his soothing heartbeat. I couldn't help but curve my lips into a satisfied smile at the memory of his fiery touch, igniting my whole body.

"I was waiting for you to wake up," Zac mumbled in the most satisfied morning tone.

My heart jerked, not releasing he had been awake whilst I was trying to snuggle into his chest. My head inched upwards, only to notice his eyes still peacefully shut, but the corner of his lips peaked into the most sexiest smirk.

It was like he felt my pupils latch onto him as he slowly opened up his, welcoming his deep liquid green eyes to the morning. Not a second went by and he connected his pupils to mine.

I subtly bit the bottom of my lips, trying not to smile like a fool, trying not to show how truly happy and elated I was to be in his hold.

"How are you feeling this morning," he asked, brushing the strands of my frazzled hair behind my ear.

I shuddered at his touch, with the ever so exotic feel of his hands making a giddy flip in my stomach.

"Good," I replied slight blushing. "I feel really good."