Chapter 3

Poppa 

"So you ain't never met this girl before?" Ceez asked me for the fiftieth time after I told him about my encounter with that Sanai chick.   

"Yes, dawg! I told you that already." I reminded him. 

"Well what she look like?" He asked me.  

I smiled, only remembering the thought of her presence. I honestly couldn't describe her in a physical sense.  

"I don't even remember." I told him truthfully.  

"What you mean? How you gon' remember a chick but not remember what she look like?" He asked quizzically.  

"Maybe it wasn't her physical traits that caught my eye." I tried to explain to him but, he wasn't getting it.  

"Whatever dawg. I'll catch up with you later." He said before jogging off behind this thick red bone that was walking through the doors of the gym.  

I shook my head and walked off toward my last class of the day. It was the poetry class that I had with Sanai. I hated having evening classes but, I've been anticipating going to this class all day.  

I walked in and saw  Sanai sitting at the back of the room. I swaggered in and took a seat right next to her.  

"I didn't take you as the type to sit at the back of the classroom." I said to her, interrupting her reading over the syllabus. It reminded me that I had neglected to print a copy of the syllabus out.   

"I didn't take you as the type that cared." She said simply, causing me to raise my eyebrow. "But if you must know I always sit in one of two places; by an outlet or by the door. In this case I chose the outlet because being that there are only about 20 people on the roster, I won't have to step on that many heads to escape in cases of an emergency." She ran down to me in the sweetest manner yet it was filled with so much hidden attitude.  

"Wow." I managed to say before the professor walked into the classroom.  

"Good evening everyone! My name is Dr. Lee and I welcome you all to this semester of poetry. We'll start the class off by introducing ourselves but not in a way that you're used to. We going to go around the classroom and state what our favorite movies are.  You'll be surprised but you can tell a lot about a person by what their favorite movie is." She explained. The class giggled nervously as she began with the student sitting in the front row.  

It wasn't long before it got back to where Sanai and I were sitting. It would be me then her.  

"Yes, next person....oh wait I know you. You're our star basketball player Skylar Jackson. It's a pleasure to have you with us this semester." The professor said before giving me the floor.  

"For  those of you that don't know me, I'm Skylar Jackson. I'm a Communications major with a English minor. And I would have to say that my favorite movie is Coach Carter. It sounds like an obvious choice but I like to watch movies that are sports-centered with an underlying story." I explained.  I got a few nods. 

 "Thank you, Mr. Jackson. Now we'll have the young woman next to you." The professor pointed to Sanai.   

"My name is Sanai Gibson. I'm a English Literature major with a Communications minor. I would have to say that my favorite movie is Remember the Titans but like Skylar I love Coach Carter as well. I like all sports movies really. I like to see bad situations get turned around." She said with a cute giggle.  

"It seems as if you and Mr. Jackson have quite a bit in common." Dr. Lee commented before moving on to the next student. Throughout the rest of the class, I couldn't stop myself from glancing over at Sanai. She spoke so fluidly during the class discussion. It's like its second nature to her.  

When class dismissed I lingered behind her. I didn't want to seem stalkerish or thirsty. When I finally caught up to her, I saw her taking a picture of a poster for an upcoming Open Mic Night.  

"Hey." I called out to her as she walked away.  

She turned around and smirked. "How may I help you Mr. Jackson?"  

I stared at her for a second and instantly changed my mind.  "Never mind sweetheart. You have a goodnight."  

"Same to you." She said with a smirk.  

Once I again, I stood there shaking my head as she walked off.

******************************************************

Just another sneak peek. I dont want to really start this until I complete At Mommy's House, At Daddy's House which is on  its way to being completed. I think this story is going to be the longest and the best story yet!

Predictions!!!!!

Opinions about Poppa or Sanai?