Chaper 18

5 Months Later

Sanai

"Welcome to Friday's can I get any drinks started for you today?"

"We'd both like Long Island Iced Teas."

"Would you like any appetizers at this time?"

"Spinach Dip."

"Cool. I'll put this order in and give you a few minutes to look over the menu."

I'd never thought I'd be here. A few months ago I was a model student. Now I'm stuck at this job until I can reapply to a local college in the fall. This is not how I envisioned my life to be but for what it's worth, I'm glad I went through it. I learned a lot about myself.

I learned how to find my voice but I also learned that you shouldn't try to force something that's never gonna work.

Needless to say, me and Skylar's relationship has faltered. We haven't broken up but we aren't a picture perfect couple either. Long distance is hard enough but with our schedules it's even worse. When I'm off, he's at a game and when he has downtime I'm at work.

I really miss my baby. He always knew what to say and I enjoyed watching him grow. I just miss having him within an arms reach. Seeing all these stupid couples at work every night makes it even harder. It just makes me really emotional.

"Here you both go. Just to let you know, I have reached the end of my shift so my coworker here, Janelle will be taking over for me. Enjoy the rest of your night."

I sighed as I walked to the back of the restaurant to retrieve my belongings. I untied my apron and threw it in my locker before grabbing my purse and heading out the restaurant.

I checked my messages as I walked to my car.

"So you just gon walked by a nigga?" I heard a voice say.

I turned around and saw a guy sitting on the hood of a black BMW. He had a hat on so I really couldn't see  his face.

"Do I know you?" I asked, politely.

"My heart, man." He said, placing his hand over his heart to indicate that he was hurt. "How you not gon recognize yo man?" He asked before turning his hat to the back.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest. It was Skylar.

"Babbyyyyyy!" I screamed before running and jumping on him.

He wrapped his arms around me and we hugged for what seemed like forever. I didn't want to let him go because I felt like he would leave if I did.

"I've missed you so much baby." I said to him as we pulled away.  Tears of joy trickled down my face. I was too happy.

"I've missed you too, boo. What you crying for?" He chuckled, wiping my tears away.

"Because, Skylar....I miss you. It's so hard not having you here."

"I feel the same way. Focusing on ball is so damn hard without my girl being in the stands. I'm mad that I let all that stuff happen to you. So I just  put all my aggression into the game."

"Don't worry, Skylar. I make sure I watch every game and that I'm wearing your jersey. It's nothing like physically being there but it's better than nothing."

"Forreal?" He asked in disbelief.

"Of course. I gotta track my man's journey to the NBA." I giggled.

He just stared at me with a smirk on his face.

"I love you, ma."

"I love you too."

------------

"Why are you staying at a hotel and not at home?" I asked as I toured the hotel room.

"Because I want a week of uninterrupted time with my girlfriend."

"Awww Jarell." I cooed, making him frown.

"Why did Rae tell you my middle name?" He asked, mugging me. "Nobody calls me that but you."

" I better be the only one." I said, arching my eyebrow.

"Why don't you call me Poppa like everybody else?"

"Because I'm not everybody else. I felt like Poppa is a persona separate from Skylar."

"I see." He nodded.

"Come cuddle with me." I said, climbing in the bed and sitting with my back against the headboard. He came and laid his head in my lap.

"Four months was a long time." I said as I played with his ear.

"It was."

"Were there any girls tryna get at you?"

"Yeah. They pretty much thought it was open season sense you was gone. It was tough in the beginning but I kept my ultimate goal in mind and powered through."

"What's your ultimate goal?" I asked curiously.

"Making you my wife." He said, pulling something outta his pocket.

My heart began to race for the second time today.

"Look, Sanai, I know we haven't been together for that long but I want the bond that we have to last forever. Somebody once said that if you find a woman that's too good for you, hold on to her. You're way too good of a woman for me but I wouldn't be complete without you. You make me get in my feelings and you make me realize my worth. I don't want nobody but you, ma." He said, looking me in my eyes.

I was speechless.

"In this box ain't no bullshit promise ring. Promises get broken. In this box is an engagement ring. The definition of engaged is to be unavailable. This ring lets them other niggas know that you are officially off the market. And this tat on my ring finger  symbolizes that our relationship is permanent." He said holding up his ringer finger.

On his finger was 'SJ2 Forever' in a fancy script which obviously stood for 'Sanai and Skylar Jackson Forever'. I was feeling so many emotions. But, I didn't want to cry so I just climbed on top of him and kissed him deeper than I've ever kissed him before. That should show my appreciation well enough.

"I've been off the market since you stalked me in the bookstore. I love you so much Skylar Jackson."

"I love you more Ms. Jackson." He smiled. "Damn that sound sexy as  fuck." He said biting his lip and squeezing my butt.

*************************************
To be continued.......
Comment or Snap me your reactions. I love reading yall comments.
Snapchat: lethal424