A Mixed Blessing

Log 11: Time: 4:50 P. M

We arrived at Wellsworth to see Wilbert and Trevor the Traction Engine on a flatbed, they seemed fine other than Trevor having a bloody nose and Wilbert having a few cuts other than that they were fine, they were happy to see us, and we were happy to see them again. I walked up to Jem Cole and asked him what happened to him and Trevor.

[Jem Cole's Story] 

 Jem said that he was at the Orchard with Trevor like normal when that explosion happened, Trevor was panicking and so was Jem. He quickly got in Trevor and reversed him inside the shed and shut the door to see his family inside. Sadly, when the shock wave hit them, the Shed began to collapse, Jem tried to help his family, but the roof started collapsing and Jem without thinking dove under Trevor, he wanted to help his family but there was no time, he heard screaming as the shed collapsed. The Traction Engine was battered by wooden planks and then the shed door fell on top of them. When the dust cleared Jem crawled out from under Trevor and stared in horror at the sight, he tried to clear the rubble and the wood. By the time he cleared the mess, it was already too late. Jem's family was crushed and subsequently killed by the debris. He then got in Trevor and drove him out of the destroyed shed, and he rested in his house for a day until he heard a whistle Wilbert was heading out towards Wellsworth and stopped when he saw Trevor, they talked for a while, Wilbert noticed the shed and the little graves Jem had dug and saw Trevor looking down. He could tell they had both been through something so Wilbert went back down the line to find a flatbed to take Trevor with him. Eventually, Wilbert returned with a flatbed, once everyone was aboard, they were about to set off when they heard a scream from Brendam Docks. They didn't want to find out where it came from, so they quickly left and soon enough they were at Wellsworth where they decided to stay. 

Jesus that must have been rough, but he seems alright given what happened to him, Trevor didn't seem too damaged, but as write that down two booming whistles echoed around, Percy tried to look but he couldn't as they were hidden by the trees. That was until the two engines and a third in tow arrived at the station, what shocked us the most was the engine at the back. It was Thomas he was badly injured, he had a missing buffer, a black eye and a cut on his right cheek and he was near tears. The engines at the front were Neville and then Molly. They were surprised, to say the least, I heard them discussing what happened to them during this experience.

Right, I need some space to write both Neville's and Molly*s Stories.  Molly was at Kells Thorpe, so when the explosion happened, she reversed back to Crovans Gate and found Sir Handel sitting next to the corpse of Peter Sam, he had a giant hole in the middle of his face with blood dripping down his face and onto his buffer beams. Sir Handel looked over at Molly and back at his buffers, she managed to hear him mumble a name under his breath. Rheaneas? Molly pondered for a moment at what could have happened, but they quickly left when they heard Bear's horn coming from down the line with a small goods train. He smiled at Molly, honked his horn, and before Molly could say anything to warn him, he was gone. Molly wanted to go after him but knew there was no chance of him making it out. So, her Driver decided to reverse her further down the line until they reached Vicarstown, they were about to go across to the mainland, but her brakes slammed on when the Bridge suddenly blew up. The Main support beams collapsed and that took out the bridge, there was an engine in the yard she only got a glimpse of the engine before it disappeared again, the engine was silver and that's all they could see. I'm beginning to run out of space so I'm gonna cut Molly's story short, so basically, they left Vicarstown and went up to Cronk, Sir handle wasn't at Crovans Gate anymore and she saw Emily rush through Killdane as they passed each other there and found Neville at Cronk.

 I'm beginning to run out of space so I'm gonna cut Molly's story short, so basically, they left Vicarstown and went up to Cronk, Sir handle wasn't at Crovans Gate anymore and she saw Emily rush through Killdane as they passed each other there and...

 Right since this page is pretty much done, I think I'll leave it for a while until Neville wants to talk about what he saw, so I think next log I'll focus on their stories, and hopefully, we can get Thomas to talk, but Neville said that wouldn't work. So, goodbye for now.