Operation: Storm Crovans Gate

Time: midnight, Date: October 23rd, 1986

It's time to set our plan into action, we have steamed up the engines and re-fuelled them. Percy is still having doubts, but Thomas is trying his best to keep their spirits high. I'm honestly believing this won't work, but we won't let our fallen friends down.

We set off and we are making good time, we haven't encountered anything yet, let's hope it's like that the whole journey. We are currently passing through Killdane and for the most part, everyone is confident and fuelled by anger and grief to succeed.  While I was keeping this journal updated on the news, we found something, well someone. It was Stepney, he was completely gutted and was a hollow shell, he was derailed just outside Kellsthorpe Station. We had a moment of silence for the terrier, but we had to keep moving as Crovans Gate was coming soon, we decided to arm the guards early and I'm glad we did because as we approached Crovans Gate we saw a familiar "engine" blocking the line ahead. It was Rheneas. He had 2 tendril-like appendages sticking out of his sides and no face, his face was replaced by 2 rows of teeth, it let out a horrifying roar and charged at us. We wasted no time and charged at the Narrow-gauge engine; the guards opened fire on the engine, and eventually, Gordon and Neville slammed into it and knocked that thing out of the way, which turned it into a burning wreck at the side of the line, however, this didn't avoid injuries. When Gordon slammed into the creature it stabbed him straight through the cheek, we quickly slowed down to a stop to cover up Gordon's wound. Once he was bandaged up, we carried on and smashed through the barricades at Crovans Gate. We stopped at the station and looked around, we noticed Rusty, the maintenance diesel was mutated horribly and had been shot dead by someone at the other platform. His coaches seemed to be empty. Anyway, we carried on searching and saw Duke, Peter Sam, and Skarloey in the sheds. When they noticed us, they told us to "RUN," at first, I was confused but then we heard it, vehicles approaching in the distance. I then remembered what I told everyone back at Elsbridge, about the military arriving to kill everything. Percy must have remembered because he yelled at everyone to prepare just in case it was the military, we had just finished preparing the defenses when the vehicles pulled up. Within seconds, groups of armed men got out of their vehicles and opened fire at us. We opened fire as well. At first, we were beginning to lose men rapidly, but then Thomas, who was at the back began to puff backward and then let out a loud whistle. Just at that moment, we heard James and Douglas's whistles in the distance approaching quickly, we heard a massive roar and shriek in the distance. 

Suddenly they flew in and began attacking us, Thomas then charged forward, and I then saw that the armed men had some vehicles and people on the line. With several screams, we heard Thomas puffing away and out of Crovans Gate. THAT BASTARD ABANDONED US. Still, we now had the military focused on us, but also on the two beasts attacking us. It was chaotic, a few of the soldiers' grenades were thrown at the two beasts, but that just lured Douglas away from us. We now had to deal with James, however, James latched onto Neville's coupling and went in for the kill, unfortunately, we weren't quick enough and James struck Neville in the forehead, killing him in an instant. Since the engines weren't coupled, we managed to get back a bit while Gordon, Boco, Bear, and Edward dealt with James. For a few minutes, it was just a constant barrage of bullets and explosions, it was a miracle the line was still intact. Just when I thought it was over, we heard Peter Sam's whistle and he puffed out of the shed, whistling still. That caused a good distraction as Douglas launched himself at him and crushed the poor engine instantly. Luckily this bought everyone time, which gave the soldiers enough time to throw grenades at him. Everyone braced for the blast, then an ear-piercing explosion shook everyone, I opened my eyes and looked over at the sight. There was just a hole in the ground and Douglas was presumed dead. Thanks to Peter Sam's sacrifice we managed to kill one of those monsters. However, we still had the military and James to deal with, we were about to open fire when 1 familiar and 2 unfamiliar whistles echoed in the distance. That son of a gun came back with reinforcements. Thomas and two black tank engines stormed into the yard and screeched to a stop just before the military vehicles, then several armed men got out and opened fire on James.

 Thomas and two black tank engines stormed into the yard and screeched to a stop just before the military vehicles, then several armed men got out and opened fire on James

I think at this point the other soldiers realized we weren't a threat and decided to focus on James. This gave Gordon, Boco, and Percy a chance to charge forward and slam into one of his "spider legs" as Percy called them, we managed to take out that leg, but it still somehow managed to get away. We killed one but James will come back even angrier I'm sure and I'm praying it doesn't show up at Vicars town. Either way, we still have a monster on the loose and we have to deal with it.

After everyone caught their breath and calmed down the attention was switched onto the three tank engines, but I honestly can't believe he came back for us. I was beginning to think he abandoned us, also I never expected him to bring back two other survivors. Anyway, the two black tank engines told us their names, the one next to Thomas was called Jinty, and the one behind Thomas was called Pug. Even though Thomas was gone for only 20 minutes, in that time he had lost his right eye and gained several scratches. Everyone was genuinely surprised at the sight of the 3 engines. They could have arrived a few minutes ago to have saved Neville and Peter Sam but at least they arrived. I think it was Gordon who then asked Thomas what happened to him and where did he find Jinty and Pug. Thomas then admitted that when he puffed away during the fight, he was originally going to make a run towards the bridge, but he was stopped just before Vicars town by a large Diesel, it was the hollowed-out corpse of Diesel 10. Something was off though, he let out a growl and began to roll forward toward Thomas, but when Diesel 10 was about to attack Jinty and Pug's whistles were heard nearby, and then the duo rammed a flatbed into the back of the Diesel and sent it off the rails. That still didn't explain how Thomas lost his eye, well when they rammed the big diesel off the rails, it managed to stab Thomas in the eye. Also, it turned out that soldiers stationed at Vicarstown managed to catch wind of stuff happening at Crovans Gate and were gonna ask Jinty and Pug for help getting there fast, but they still had no info on how bad it was, but when Thomas arrived, he managed to explain the situation to them from what he knew.

Well, I'd say it could have been worse, but it was a mission accomplished, I guess. Our next plan is to head to the mainland and just in case of any other armed men, we managed to steal the weapons of the dead soldiers. So, we gathered Skarloey and Duke onto the flatbeds, we also decided to leave Neville where he was and had a moment of silence for Peter Sam, and Neville. We put a spare eyepatch around Thomas's exposed eye socket and rest up for now as we are setting off at 10 AM tomorrow.