Surprise!

Anna's POV

...Rick?! His voice lingered in my head as his hands gripped tighter around my neck, my body frozen in place my mind racing at what he would or might do. His breath creeped down my neck and to my shoulder, I could feel him press up against my back, his breath reeking of alcohol. I felt his hand trace down my back and was grateful I didn't leave the jacket back with Kira. I could hear other girls in the bathroom, and hoped one of them would open the door to the stall, but those hopes were shot when the bathroom door opened, and it was just us.

His hand slid around my neck holding my throat and raising my face up at him as he turned me around to face him, "Stay out of mine and your sister's business, kid! If you don't then we'll have a different kind of problem!" Rick hissed in my face. I couldn't speak or move as he pulled his hand back. My iced body finally broke free as I covered my face, I felt multiple shocks of pain throughout my stomach. I dropped to the floor as the world darkened, holding my body and crying. The stall door slammed closed causing me to jump. I stayed kneeled over, shaking, for some time when the bathroom door opened again. I froze, afraid he was back, "Anna!? Are you ok it's been 20 minutes?" Kira said while knocking on each stall door till she opened the one I was in. "Anna!" She fell to her knees beside me, her arms wrapping around me.

"C.c.can we just leave now? Please." I mumbled through tears. She let go of me and locked the stall door grabbing her bag. She pulled out a long-sleeved navy cpd shirt and handed it to me. "Here put this on. I usually stay out longer and just catch a ride to 51 but we're not staying any longer tonight." My side was throbbing and hurt badly, a small amount of blood was on the floor and a trail from my mouth and down my chin. "Kira, why do you like him? You may be able to hide it from dad and everyone else, but...he...he did this, and he does it to you. You haven't been distant because of mom...have you?" She looked up at me for a second then turned around and removed her loose knit shirt. The back of the shirt was a tighter knit unlike the front and as she removed it you could see the bruising along her back and part of her ribs. "Kira!! You must tell someone. Nights like these aren't fun there painful." I said as she quickly pulled on a grey long-sleeved cfd shirt.

Kira's POV

Anna had already pulled her jacket back on as I pulled mine out of my bag, once we finished getting changed, I stood up and unlocked the door before turning to help Anna up. As we left the bathroom, I wrapped my arm around Anna's waist while her arm wrapped around my neck. We walked through the crowd together and out the door. The cabin wasn't very close to the road, so we had a long walk. I took my phone out once we could see the road and called for a taxi. "Fire House 51, please" I said as I closed the car door.

The drive was long, and I sat there glancing between my sister and out the window. We sat in silence, not even the driver spoke or played music, my hand rested on Anna's leg for the whole drive. "We're here, that will be $18.25" the driver broke the silence which kind of made me jump. I opened the door, and we got out then handed him $20, "keep the change, have a good night" I said as I turned to follow Anna. "Have a good night as well ladies" I heard the driver say as she pulled away.

As we walked into 51 together, we saw the rigs were gone so we just sat in the common room together in silence. It wasn't long till everyone came back. Lieutenant Casey and Severide came in and waved at us followed by everyone else till Dylan came in. He looked at us worried but came up and hugged us both. I hugged him slightly, but Anna just kept her arms crossed over her stomach. "I know I usually come by in the morning but surprise!" I said, letting a smile creep over my face. "Everything ok Sanchez?" We turned to see Chief Boden in the doorway. I felt Anna grab my wrist, I don't think she intended to hurt me but made me wince. "Kira?!" Boden and Dylan said in unison. I shook it off and removed Anna's hand quickly, "I'm fine, honestly" I said not very convincingly, "Just..." I turned to see Dawson and Shay walk in, "Gabby! Can we talk." I honestly think I scared her a little bit, but she smiled and nodded. I gently hugged Dylan then followed Gabby out leaving Anna with him.