Yes or No

Kira's POV

Watching the love of my life kneeled before me sent butterflies through my stomach, his words traveling through my mind as I looked down at him. I was stunned, so stunned that words could not form, I quickly nodded kneeling down as he placed the ring on my finger, his arms wrapping around me as we kissed. When words finally formed, I broke the kiss, "Yes, yes, yes!" I was so excited, leaning in to kiss him again. When we stood, he quickly picked me up, carrying me back to the cabin.

On the day of our return home there were so many things running through my head. How do I tell everyone? Who do I tell first? I had to go to work the next day, an early shift, sadly. Jacob and I spent the last of our day off just being together, for dinner we invited my dad and siblings over to tell them everything. My father obviously knew everything already, but he was just as excited as everyone else.

Going into work I still wore my ring, showing everyone before removing it and placing it in my bag so I would lose it while at work. Jacob had gotten a second band, one without a jewel or anything fancy, that way I could still wear my ring. The congratulatory celebration continued throughout my shift, along with many questions about how it happened or plans we had for the wedding. I didn't want anything big. I wasn't really one for fancy things, I just wanted something simple, personal. I would truly be pleased with a forest wedding surrounded by friends and family.

~~~~~~~~~~Eight Months Later~~~~~~~~~~

That is exactly how it went as well. We had a small wedding accompanied by our friends and family, both blood relatives and fire house relatives. I spent time with so many, even getting to spend one on one time with my nieces and nephews. I still wore the traditional white dress while my bridesmaids wore shades of green, our theme was forest after all.

The ceremony was beautiful and short, but nonetheless it was wonderful. My father cried, as expected and Anna was my maid of honor, at my side through everything. Jacob had my brothers as his groomsmen, he had very little family he was still in contact with due to problems during childhood. Aside from my siblings he had the men on his squad standing with him, those in our fire houses truly do become family, especially when you run into fires as often as we do, putting your neck on the line for your brothers and sisters forged in fire.

We spent the night dancing and just having fun, playing different games for hours, even tossing my bouquet. That was an event as out of all the single women present, my sister of all people caught my bouquet. I 100% teased her about that later, she is the only one of us who never dated, especially after everything that had happened, but our past aside. Maybe one day my lovely little sister would fall for someone, for now we just get to tease with her all out of love of course.

After another hour or two Jacob and I took our leave, heading off on our little getaway just as the sun settled behind the trees.

Nothing truly happened within the following months, aside from finding out just a month after our marriage I learned I was pregnant. We were so excited to find out about the pregnancy, telling my father and siblings was no different. They were quick to give us both hugs and continuous congratulations.

Finding out the gender of our little one was one of the biggest rewards, our family at 51 helped us prepare. We left Stella and Kelly in charge of the reveal, can't say we were surprised when they pulled Engine 51 out the doors. They had dyed the water to run either pink or blue, setting up a white tarp beside the fire house to aim the water at without dyeing our house. My father and siblings were there along with everyone from 51 and 62. Jacob and I both held the hose, spraying the white tarp and dyeing it PINK! A little girl, my excitement grew so fast in learning I would be having a daughter.

Welcoming our little girl come the start of fall, our sweet Dixie Valan Rodriguez. The beautiful light of our lives.