Sundown

Kira's POV

The next three days flew by fast. We still had no name or much to go on. We made some connections pairing the girls posts to being taken at the Sundown club. Tonight, we would start our undercover missions. There wasn't much for us to do throughout the day except wait. There was still a fear of what would happen, but we did hope that these men targeted us.

It was mid-February and still wickedly cold outside, in the locker room we started to get ready for this long night. "If you don't mind me asking, why did Harper mention that both of you knew this area best?" Hailey asked while pulling a black long-sleeved dress down her body. I kept my eyes down at the locker room floor as a pulled on a pair of fake leather leggings, "Had a falling out six years ago, I was sixteen at the time, Anna fourteen. Long story short a guy took advantage of us, got us drunk and messed up with drugs. By the time I was seventeen Lisa found out what was going on, she's the reason I'm still alive. Was told I was lucky, if I had taken another beating, I likely wouldn't be here. Anna was fifteen when we got help, the guy was given twenty to life. God, I hope to never see that jerk again." I said as I straightened out my short maroon dress and laced up my boots. "Heh, guess you could say we know the area pretty well since that was the guy's party spot when everything started..." Anna said pulling a short black skirt up over her leggings, "it's hard to forget those days, cherry vodka shots." she mumbled at the end. I grabbed the black jacket from my bag, pulling it on as I waited for the two of them, "It's been a long time since we did any of this." I said as they sat down to put on their boots and jackets thereafter.

"I know you three already know this but please be careful. We're all going home after this." Voight said as we walked out, Harper nodded in agreement as she looked each of us over. Jay grabbed three pieces of jewelry that had hidden cameras in them for us, Hailey took the larger necklace, Anna to the bracelet, and I took the smaller necklace. "Val would be proud of both of you for what you've become and for what you're doing." Harper said before headed down to our cars.

~~~~~~~~~~At the Club~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath before getting out of the car and walking into the club. Once the doors opened, I was flooded with the smell of booze, I felt a pit in my stomach at the stench but pushed through the crowd with Anna and Hailey behind me, looking back to see Anna had the same reaction. I walked over to the bar and sat, Anna and Hailey joining me on either side of me. The bartender approached us asking us what drinks we wanted, we all turned him down for the time being and just sat in silence, watching the area.

Anna's POV

I could feel the stares as I sat at the bar, I looked over at Kira her eyes showed fear something I hadn't seen since...I shuttered at the thought quickly trying to force those memories back. Hailey sat there calm as can be, when the bartender came over handing us three drinks, "We didn't..." Hailey started but was cut off by the guy, "The two guys over there sent them over." He said walking away.

It was a long night, I lost count of the total amount of drinks that those guys had sent over to us. I knew I was up to three but had turned down multiple others. Kira hadn't moved from the bar, but she had turned to face the crowd, leaning back on the counter. Hailey was sitting at a booth near the two guys, I'm guessing, so she could try to listen in on them. The two had been watching our every move since they sent the first drinks to us. I walked over to Hailey and sat beside her, taking another shot. Within the next few minutes my head was spinning, I glanced at Hailey, catching her eyes as they looked to fog over and shortly after I was out.

Kira's POV

It felt like it had been hours since we entered the club, I had been counting the drinks as they came. I turned back to face the bartender as he handed me another drink, shot four, I said to myself. I finished that one, setting it down on the counter, it wasn't till after that I realized what the shot was, by then turned around looking for Hailey or Anna. Nowhere, they were nowhere to be seen. I looked to where the guys had been sitting but they too were gone. I stood worried but was quickly overtaken by a wave of dizziness. I placed my hand on the counter for stability as everything went dark.