Relief

Lisa's POV

After Valerie's death our unit fell on hard times. At the end of the day, it was only Harper and I that remained out of the eight of us from the old unit. It's one thing to come and go but to lose so many members from when we started, well that's another thing. I watched as my team gathered, all these new and young men and women. Everyone was geared up and ready to head out as I turned to check in on the girls one last time, seeing Dylan holding his sisters was a comfort. I knew it had been a while since Dylan had truly gotten to be close with his sisters, so it was a wonderful sight.

My team was gearing up as Kira had given us the location of both Rick's house and party house. With that info I divided my unit to send half to each house. I led the search of Rick's party house and Harper led the search of his personal house.

When my group arrived at the party house, we quickly rushed in announcing ourselves. "CPD! Don't move!" As usual everyone ran, looks like we broke up an early party. I left the team to chase the kids as I continued to search the crowd, I made my way to the back of the building to an office room. Opening the door, I found Rick trying to escape out the window. I quickly grabbed hold of him, pulling him away from the window seal and dropping him to the floor. I leaned down and cuffed him while one of my team members covered me.

Upon arrival to the district, two of my officers brought Rick up the stairs and lead him to our interrogation room while I went to talk with Anthony. I stood outside the doorway as I watched him place a pillow behind Dylan's head before leaving the room to talk. "We got him. We will question him and try to get a confession but either way we have evidence that it's him with or without his confession." I told him as I placed a hand on his shoulder. Anthony released a heavy sigh at the news then smiled looking back at the girls. "Maybe we can finally be a normal family again, we'll as normal as we possibly can be." He said laughing a little. I smiled at him then turned to join my team for the interrogation.

Harper was waiting outside the interrogation room waiting for me as I opened the door and started the interrogation.

Lisa: So, tell us Rick, do you like to beat girls? Get them drunk till they can't defend themselves? Rape them?
Rick: I don't know what you're talking about.
Harper: Rick don't play stupid. We have your DNA and video of you beating and raping multiple girls!

(I opened a file I had in my hands placing the pictures of 5 girls between the ages of 14 and 17 in front of him.)

Lisa: Just tell us what happened.
Rick: Just because I host parties doesn't mean I've met those girls. If you think I hurt them then you're really lost.
Lisa: You like to party...

I stood up grabbing Rick's shirt and throat pushing the chair back on two legs. I slowly tightened my grip on his throat. By no means were Harper and I dirty cops, but when it came to family, we had been known to throw some rules to the side to do what was needed. This may have been something that rubbed off on us when Voight and Al spent time working with us back in the days, but we did what had to be done.

Lisa: Here I thought you were this smart guy, you know. We technically have enough evidence to charge you right now, but we felt some need to let you tell your side.
Rick: Fine...

I let go of him and the chair dropped back down to the floor and I walked back over to my chair.

Rick: I invited them to the party, we all were just having fun, some more than others. I never forced anyone to stay. I got drunk sometimes but I really don't remember much of what happened.
Harper: Try harder then or maybe you should look at the photos...

Harper picked each photo up basically shoving them in his face.

Rick: Yeah, yeah, whatever they deserved everything that happened to them!
Lisa: They deserved being beaten and raped?

I slammed my hand against the table at his comment and all he did was pull a smirk across his face.

Harper: Wipe that smirk off your face. You're under arrest for rape and abuse.

Harper cuffed him and took him down to the holding cells while I came out to see Anthony. "We got him" I said placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. He nodded then turned back to the door where the four girls lay asleep on Dylan.

Kira's POV

It had been a few weeks after Rick was arrested, the jury found him guilty and gave him 20 to life. I went back to school and brought my grades up and went back to studying for the Firefighter and Paramedic exams. Dylan was still pulling shifts at 51, Liam and Carter still worked for Dad at 62. I knew that once, if I became a Paramedic dad would probably have me working his ambo for a while, which was fine, but I wanted to work with 51 like Dylan.

Anna was also bringing her grades up and occasionally you'd catch her in mom's old office going through her police manual. "Mom would be proud that one of us became a cop" I said standing in the doorway of mom's office watching Anna flip through pages. She looked up quickly, closing the book and setting it down. "You really think so?" she asked, I made my way to her, "I really think so, and honestly we need someone to be a cop and who better than moms mini me."

Our new normal came in over time, after about a year, we spent more time together at least when everyone wasn't on shift. I received my acceptance letter to be a Paramedic just a few weeks after my senior year was finished. I had been pulling ride alongs with Dawson and Shay throughout the year, helping them with some patients, paperwork, cleaning, organizing the ambo, and doing restocks.

Lisa had taken Anna out on patrol and even had her helping with cases, just nothing physical. She had her trained with tracking and running plates along with how to read people just by how they present themselves.