introduction

I yawn and stretch while my alarm clock goes off next to me. I slam my hand on it then get out of my bed, my sister comes into my room to make sure I'm up and or getting ready for the day. Of course, I am not.

Everyone knows my sister, the perfect Christina Cunningham; everyone calls her Chrissy for short. We are complete opposites.

Chrissy: Star cheerleader of Hawkins high school, a lot of friends, a boyfriend (who is a dick), very very popular.

(Y/n): quiet girl, babysitter for boys who play a board game, not a lot of friends, no boyfriend, an outcast.

It's funny because we are twins but are nothing alike. The last time we were alike was the summer going into eighth grade.

(Flashback.)

I am walking around the crowded mall with my sister and our friends. Chrissy and I are wearing the same cheer uniform as our friends. The girls we are with are all laughing and talking about boys. I stop walking in front of a store called "rocking records and guitars". Chrissy notices me and I look at her.

"I'll catch up with you," I say, and she nods while catching up to our friends. I walk into the record store to see band t-shirts and guitars. I smile and touch a light blue guitar that is hung on the wall in front of me.

"Hey! You are (Y/n) Cunningham," someone says, and I turn around quickly to see a boy with a buzz cut, a Metallica shirt, and black jeans with a bandana coming out of his pocket.

"Yeah, and you are...?"

"Eddie! Munson? Corroded Coffin."

I nod and smile while remembering the talent show that the school did before the end of the year. I cross my arms while he smiles back at me.

"What are you doing in here?"

I shrug and look back up at the guitar, "I want to get a guitar. I've never had one before and I think they are cool. I started to listen to some rock music on the radio and I love it!"

Eddie gets the guitar down and hands it to me, "it's a lot of money. one hundred dollars for a guitar, I only have fifty."

Eddie shakes his head, "I've got it! Corroded coffin has been doing gigs and we get money for it."

"Eddie, you do not have to do that! Really!"

Eddie shakes his head and goes to pay for it and a case for it. Eddie gives it to me and smiles.

"Thank you, Eddie," I hug him and look at the guitar case in my hands.

I move up onto my toes and I kiss his cheek before walking out of the shop. I see my sister standing by the other girls. They all look disgusted while she smiles at me. I look back at Eddie who is still looking at me.

(end flashback)

Ever since that day I've just been so different from my sister. The boy with the buzz cut changed my life.

"(Y/n)! Come on! We are going to be late," Chrissy yells out and I look at what I'm wearing. I'm still in my sleep shirt and shorts.

I curse under my breath and quickly change into black jeans with holes in them and a Led Zeppelin shirt from their 1975 tour. I keep my hair down and do light makeup. light makeup being mascara, blush, highlighter and some Chapstick which isn't really makeup. I get my Walkman and quickly go downstairs to my sister's car, grabbing my shoes and bag on the way out.

I sigh and look at my sister as she starts to drive. I wish I had as many friends as her. I love my sister. I push my feet into my shoes and start to think.

"Chris. Do you remember that boy Eddie Munson?" I ask her while I start to tie my shoelaces.

She looks away from the road at me and shakes her head before looking back, "no, why?"

"No reason."

We pull up to the school and I get out. I put my headphones on and play Metallica through the Walkman. I walk into the school with my hands in my pockets. I go to my locker and start to open it. I mumble, confused as I feel something run down my nose. I bring my hand to it and see its blood. not again. I get a tissue from my bag and quickly wipe it away. This has been going on for the past three days. I close my locker and head off to my first class.

Nothing special. Just the same old boring things that all teachers teach. After three classes it is finally time for the lunch break, and I have the worst migraine ever. I sigh and remember I still have to talk with Miss Kelly. All she does is ask about my past and keeps my life in a folder.

I do mention a few things about how Chrissy has always been in the spotlight, and I felt my parents just pay more attention to my sister instead of me. Even though I feel this way, I love my sister. She has been my best friend since birth. Today, I did also mention what I remembered of Eddie. She didn't have much to say besides that she has never spoken to him before, but she has heard of his name. It's a pretty big school and a lot of kids so it does make sense.

She asked me if I would ever try to talk to him again though. I didn't know what to say to that, I think I would be too scared, and I wouldn't know what to say to him. Would I thank him, or tell him how he changed my life? Probably not, I don't think he would remember me.

After a quick talk with her I walk outside to try and get a little fresh air before lunch. When I was talking to her and thinking so much, my head got so much worse. I just want to go home and pass out in my bed. 

[edited 10/3/23. If you catch something I didn't, don't be afraid to call me out!]