dark inklings (28)

Dr. Liliana Draghicescu shut the bedroom door quietly, her index fingernail in her mouth and the clicking of teeth chewing on the nail. She quickly pulled the finger back. Lana hadn't chewed her nails since her capture by the unknown serial. Now she was back to a bad habit. The young woman shrugged her shoulders, the previous night had been a triggering nightmare that was unfortunately all too real. What was Jac trying to say?

The doctor figured that Vic or Victor wasn't of the mindset for all the blood. That seemed like something Jac would do if he was really a vampire. Victor would be used to blood being drained by undertakers.

Then her mind returned to the wanted posters that had been at Scotland yard, earlier in the investigation. One was named Jack and one was named Victor. What were their last names again?

Liliana immediately opened up her laptop while on her phone calling Scott. He could give her the last name if at the station. And then she would do the internet search for an electronic paper trail if there was one. This was starting to look up for the case, though the death by teeth and drained blood was still murky.

The phone rang but Scott didn't pick up so Liliana decided to leave a message: "Scott! It's Lana obviously...I need the name of the two men named Jack and Victor. You have wanted posters of them up on your wall by the reception area, call me back as soon as possible."

The American profiler immediately began to dress herself in a black suit with her red doc martens. She aggressively laced them and then proceeded out the door of her bedroom. Lana wanted to get something to eat incase Scot called and she needed to take off right away. This was more like it! The good doctor was making headway or so she thought. Then her phone vibrated and when she glanced at it, it was a message from Vlad. She sighed as she entered the kitchen. That was the last person she wanted to chat with.

She hadn't been able to think of just the right words to speak with her dark prince. As she ate cold leftovers, she finally decided it was time to let him go. Lana wanted to just leave a text but that wasn't fair to him. That's what cowards did. No...she needed to speak with him or actually meet him in person and give him the news in person. That would be what he would expect from anyone and most likely her above all.

So her fingers skimmed the keypad of her phone to leave a text for Vlad to meet her at a hotel called Chateau Sanguine. The doctor had wanted to take the scene in at Chateau Sanguine since she had promised not to go to the Sanguinarion club. Maybe there was a clue there? She had no reason or evidence that this old London establishment would have any clues but it might put her mind in the frame to think like her killers.

LD: dark prince I wish to meet with you at a historical hotel called Chateau Sanguine.

Then she sent it to Prince Vlad.

Of course it was Alucard's phone vibrating in his inside jacket pocket. His burning hellfire eyes blink once. The Chateau Sanguine? Why the hell there?

Granted he had a permanent room there, it was not the place he would ever take his Vlada to. She would be on high alert and her ability to sense the past would be going off every two seconds. Dr. Draghicescu would know that humans are far from the worst monsters in this world. It was like beings, Slenderman on vacation and the resident reception desk employee. Alucard could never get used to that creature working in a monster run and controlled hotel as front desk reception. It seems to defeat the purpose in his mind.

P.VD: That is an unusual spot to meet at. Any particular reason for it draga mea?

LD: It is supposed to be an old established hotel and has unique dining. Alucard forbids me from going to the Sanguinarion club.

Alucard sighed, it would just figure and unfortunately he had to play dumb on the Sanguinarion club situation. Perhaps taking her to this ridiculous vampire club, under his supervision would finally stop the young profiler from not wanting to return any time soon. Alucard would establish his solid proof, in the others eyes, that his reincarnated cousin was under his protection.

P.VD: it is hard to get a reservation. We can go to the Sanguinarions club. Alucard will not know

LD: He might try to follow me.

P.VD: Let me worry about him. Do not dress too invitingly. I will wear a white poet shirt and black pants.

LD: 💋 What night? Time?

P.VD: Friday night @ 9:00 pm

Alucard hadn't realized he was holding his breath. Obviously his Alucard persona would not be making an appearance. The Shadow King now wished for her and he hadn't gotten off on the wrong foot. Vlada and he had behaved the same way for a long time at his castle. They were like oil and fire but it was also why Vlad Dracula had desired his third cousin, Vlada Draghicescu. This time Stoica wouldn't succeed in taking Vlada away from him.

Though Alucard/Vlad was not keen on turning her to become like him. The Vampire King suspected something dark and dangerous lurked in her heart and soul. Lana becoming a vampire could be a great mistake. The violent urges are incredibly strong for a fledgling. Besides his master Sir Hellsing would forbid it.

Human she stays. He will enjoy the short time Vlada is with him.

"Scott!" Liliana cried out loudly, over the phone. "Do you have their last names?"

"Dr. Draghicescu, there were no wanted posters for anyone with the first name of Jac and Victor..."Scott said with a questionable voice.

"That can't be..." Liliana shook her head. "I saw the posters."

"Did you have a psychic vision? I normally don't ask but you are completely different than anyone I have met," Scott cleared his throat.

"Maybe it's my imagination as I was so tired back then...I am not crazy Scott," her voice sounded tired now.

"So what is the deal with Alucard? Nasty creature yet he looks differently at you," he had to ask.

"It's just plain creepy Scott. He's my cousin. Very..very...very distant cousin obviously," she said with a nervous laugh.

"What the fuck? You have the most terrible luck in this world! Cousin to the once fictional character Dracula..." Scott tsked over his phone.

"Dracula is fiction, Vlad III Drǎculea is the real one and Kazikli bey, Sir Impaler.."She crossed her arms and used her chin to hold the phone.

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century."~Jack the Ripper