𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 21

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬3RD PERSON'S POV

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
3RD PERSON'S POV

Just tell onii-chan that I only want to go out, okay?”

The bleach blonde girl requested as she subconsciously furrowed her eyebrows at Shion, almost glaring at the man.

She thought that she wouldn’t be seeing him again, but her older brother needed to attend their gang meeting and had only Shion to watch over her. It was so tiring to be around him, especially when he does whatever he can to tease the young girl who was already so full of his childish behavior.

“Why are we even here?” He questioned in a bored manner

Both are now sitting on a bench in the park because Inari had told him that she’ll be meeting someone important today and since he’s her bodyguard, he has no choice but to also come with her despite it going against his will.

He was supposed to watch a movie today and force her to make him popcorn just to mess with her, just like what he had planned while he was on his way to the Kurokawa residence. But now he ended up following her wherever she goes to just like how a dog follows its owner wherever they go to.

“Didn’t I already tell you?” She questioned with irritation evident in her voice. “I said that I needed to meet up with someone. Don’t make me repeat myself again.”

He let out an audible breath before he lazily rested his head on the top of Inari’s head, making him able feel her soft hair on his cheek and smell her sweet strawberry shampoo

“Get off, Shion!” She yelled angrily as she pushed Shion away from her only for him to move closer again and repeat the same action he did

She clenched her jaw in frustration, not knowing what to do with him anymore. The only thing he ever does is to make her mad and tease her by insulting her books and plants, but she’s not going to lie about the fact that he is sometimes fun to be with especially when he talks a lot about how he fights or how he had defeated some delinquents.

Inari looked around the park, hoping to see Manjiro and Emma who she hasn’t seen for a few years now. She had received a text from an unknown number yesterday, saying that they were Emma and Mikey and how they wanted to meet Inari today at the park they usually go to meet before, since they need to tell her something really important.

“Shion?” She called out while poking the boy’s stomach repeatedly—to get his attention—making him let out a tired questioning hum with his eyes still closed. “Can you buy me some ingredients for pancakes?” 

“Why?” he asked with sleepiness evident in his voice.

“Because I will cook pancakes when we get home.”

Shion opened his eyes as he moved a little bit away from her and looked at her suspiciously, thinking that she might do something that’ll make Izana furious at him once he leaves Inari to buy the ingredients needed.

“And you’ll stay here?” He questioned with his one eyebrow raised.

“Yes.” She looked away from him and leaned on the bench. “I’m just going to stay here and wait for my friends After you are done buying all the ingredients, we can go home and watch the movie you wanted to watch.” He let out an audible breath and nodded his head in agreement.

Inari watched him stand up from the bench and began walking towards the nearest convenience store with his hands rested inside his pocket. Does he know what ingredients he needed to buy? she asked herself before shrugging her shoulders and diverted her gaze away from Shion once again.

“Inari-chan!” A distant voice suddenly popped up. Turning to the direction of the call, the young girl saw a honey blonde haired girl happily running towards her and she immediately tackled her in a tight hug. “We really miss you so much!” She exclaimed as inari formed a warm smile and hug her back.

“I missed you too, Emma.” She softly mumbled and a hand suddenly ruffles her soft bleach blonde hair, making her flinch a bit. She looks up to see who it was and saw a long-haired blonde boy smiling warmly at her.

“Manjiro-san.”

Manjiro let out a chuckle as he questioned, “You don’t call me bubby anymore?” Inari slowly looks away from him, not knowing what exactly her answer is to his question.

She was just 7 years old girl when they first met and at that time, she was missing Izana so bad, so she began to treat Manjiro as her older brother and call him bubby just like what he told her to call him. But now that she’s grown up. She felt a bit shy to call a friend or more like an acquaintance, bubby.

Emma broke the hug and sat next to her as her expression suddenly changed into a serious one, making Inari swallow a huge lump in her throat as she started to feel nervous.

“Inari, do you know Shinichiro?” she suddenly asked.

The young girl stayed silent for a while, confused on how they knew about the person who used to be their older brother before

The young girl stayed silent for a while, confused on how they knew about the person who used to be their older brother before. “Yes.” She answered. “How did you know who he was?”

Emma took a deep breath before she raised both of her hands and placed it on Inari’s shoulders. “He’s our older brother, Sano Shinichiro.” She stated. “But unfortunately, he died years ago.”

Inari felt her world shattered into pieces as her eyes grew wider in shock. She immediately moved away from Emma and looked at her with pure confusion.

“Why are you telling me this all of the sudden?” She asked with her voice trembling.

“We had read some of Izana’s letter.” Emma softly stared at her as she grabbed both of her shaking hands and held it tightly, trying to calm her down.” And after that I remembered some of my memories when I was a kid. I remembered the day you and Izana left to go in the orphanage.”

Manjiro walked closer to inari and gently placed a hand on her head as he spoke, “We are siblings, inari and we’re here to ask you to convince Izana not to fight my gang anymore and live with us.”

The young girl furrowed her eyebrows in anger as she immediately stood up from the bench and took a few steps away from him and Emma who claimed that both her and Izana, are their siblings. They are indeed kind and nice towards her, but she doesn’t want to live with people who are not related to them.

The day when her older brother talked to Kurokawa Karen. She had secretly followed him and listened to their conversation. She couldn’t forget the painful look that was plastered on Izana’s face. Since that day, Inari began to despise all the people who claimed to be their relatives and will just suddenly leave or throw them away after they made them feel happiness. She despises people who have the guts to hurt her big brother.

“Do you even guys know that we are not blood related?”.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ʀᴏᴍᴀɴs 8:18
"ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ."