ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

A gunshot echoed through the forest and the group has been on edge ever since. It isn't hard to tell that Harley Rhee and Lori Grimes were the ones plagued with worry. A gunshot. One gunshot. Why? Rick and Shane wouldn't be stupid enough to waste a bullet and attract walkers to their location and as much as Harley hated to admit it, she was deeply worried for the young Grimes.

She had to keep reminding herself to not get attached but it was simply a hard thing to do when being in proximity of Carl Grimes. He was a child too pure for this world and all Harley wanted to do was wrap him in bubble wrap and keep him safe from any harm. He was a child that could light up the room by simply smiling and Harley admired him.

Lori suddenly stops on the spot and turns in the direction of the gunshot once again. Andrea, noticing her distress, decided to speak up, ''You still worrying about it?'' Andrea asks looking between Harley and Lori in confusion. Harley had to suppress an eye-roll at the stupid question. It was clear they were worried, anyone could tell.

''It was a gunshot,'' Lori replies quietly.

''We all heard it.'' Daryl acknowledges

Lori turns to look at the group, ''Why one- Why just one gun?'' Harley nods, signaling she was thinking the same, ''They wouldn't be stupid enough to waste a bullet.''

Daryl shrugs holding his crossbow on his shoulder. ''Maybe they took down a walker, no point in worrying when theirs nothing we can do.''

''Please don't patronize me.'' Lori shakes her head shooting a look at Daryl but he doesn't seem fazed, ''You know Rick wouldn't risk a gun to put down one walker, or Shane. They'd do it quietly.''

Glenn shuffles on the spot and hoists his backpack further up his shoulder. Harley looked away to stop a smile from forming from the uncomfortable look on his face. Glenn looked like an innocent child, it was adorable and Harley loved teasing him about it.

''Shouldn't they have caught up with us by now?'' Carol asks, looking at Daryl. She was clearly still distressed over the whole situation and nobody could blame her. Rick had left Daryl in charge of the group while the rest went searching for Sophia.

''There's nothing we can do about it, anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes.'' He answered while looking around the woods.

Lori looks up at him expectantly, ''So, what do we do? Same as we've been.''

''Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway'' Daryl says simply as he stares off into the distance.

Andrea glances at Lori before speaking, ''I'm sure they'll hook up with us back at the RV.'' She pauses for a moment when the rest of the group walks on and turns to Carol, there's a flicker of pain in her eyes when she spoke. ''I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel.''

Carol smiles gratefully at her, ''I suppose you do- Thank you. The thought of her, out here by herself. It's the not knowing that kills me. I just keep hopin' and prayin' she doesn't wind up like Amy. Oh, God! That's the worst thing I ever said.'' She holds onto Andrea's arm in guilt. Tears threatened to leave her eyes and Andrea shakes her head, ''We're all hoping and praying with you, for what it's worth.''

Daryl walks up to the trio, ''I'll tell ya what it's worth- Not a damn thing. It's a waste of time, all this hopin' and prayin'. We're gonna locate that little girl. She's gonna be just fine. Am I the only one Zen around here? Good lord.''

Glenn walks up to Harley and slings an arm around her shoulders. ''Come on Harley, turn that frown upside down.'' He jokes gesturing to the obvious frown between her eyebrows.