ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

Usually, Harley wasn't fazed when people got mad at her. She wouldn't even bat an eyelash when someone was burning holes in the back of her head. yet, somehow she found herself sitting next to Glenn at dinner absolutely terrified. The only person who managed to make Harley cower in fear was Maggie Greene.

The group sat around a small fire eating a few squirrels Daryl and Harley found earlier, everyone eating and chatting with each other but not Harley. Harley was slouched in her seat trying her escape Maggie's piercing gaze. She had lost her appetite once she spotted Maggie on the porch steps with narrowed eyes. She felt guilty not telling the group but she also didn't want to betray Maggie's trust.

If she didn't tell the group, they would be unprepared if the walkers escaped and people could possibly die. Not everyone was skilled enough to survive on their own or hold off a group of walkers.

If she did tell the group, they would be safer and aware of the current threat but that would also end up with Maggie hating her and Harley couldn't stand it when she was.

Harley shifted in her seat and glanced at an equally nervous Glenn, ''Is she still looking at us?'' She whispered.

Glenn quickly looked at the porch and his eyes widened when he caught the deadly glare Maggie sent him, ''Oh yeah. She's still looking''

''Is she still mad?''

''That's an easy way to put it,'' Glenn whispered back, wincing when he caught her stare.

''Does she scare you too?'' Harley spoke up after a minute making Glenn stare off in thought.

''Yup,'' Glenn mumbled.

''Good.'' Harley looked around the group and saw Dale looking at them, nodding his head, 

''Should we tell them?''

''Yup''

''Are you going to tell them?'' Harley raised a brow at him, amused.

''Yup''

''Man up you big baby and do it.'' Harley urges making Glenn squint his eyes at her. They stayed staring at each other waiting for the other to break eye contact until Harley stomped on his foot resulting in him looking away, wincing and Harley silently cheering.

''Fine,'' Glenn reluctantly got up and cleared his throat, ''Um, guys. So... the barn is full of walkers.'' He announced nervously.

The group stared at him in shock and fear. Some were frozen on the spot, while a few grew in anger. One of them was Shane who rose from his spot and made a B-line for the barn with the rest of the group following.

''You cannot tell me you're alright with this,'' Shane growled, walking up to Rick.

''No, I'm not. But were guests here, this isn't our land.'' Rick shook his head, trying to calm an angry Shane down.

''This is our lives''

''Lower your voice'' Glenn hissed. Harley stood next to him, biting her lip anxiously. She knew this was the consequence of telling them but it had to be done. She just had to hope the angry farmer would forgive her.

''We can't just sweep this under the rug'' Andrea commented making Harley roll her eyes.

''It ain't right. Not remotely. Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about fort Benning for a long time.'' Shane paced back and forth.

''We can't go,'' Rick stated determinedly.

''Why, Rick? Why?'' Shane asked staring at him.

''Because my daughter is still out there.'' Carol whimpered, folding her arms over her chest.