ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Glenn heaved a heavy sigh from his spot next to T-Dog, ''Maybe I should go and help her.'' He muttered for the hundredth time. T-Dog shook his head without tearing his eyes from the figure they were both staring at. ''I don't know man, she has that look on her face.''

Glenn tore his eyes away and to the person next to him, furrowing his brows, ''Look? What look?''

T-Dog pursed his lips and shot him a look, ''You know, that look.'' He scrunched his face up trying to show Glenn what he meant but when he only looked even more confused he sighed, ''The one that screams 'Speak to me and I will gut you look'' Realisation washed over Glenn's face, his mouth dropping into a silent 'o'

''Oh. I know that look too well'' Glenn said thinking back to when they were younger when he and Harley would always fight. Despite him being older, every fight would end with him somehow losing and Harley walking away with a sickening smile on her lips. His thoughts were cut short when rough footsteps approached them from behind.

Daryl came to a stop next to the older Rhee, he looked between the two before following their gaze to the younger Rhee, ''How long has she been up there?'' He questioned, squinting his eyes trying to get a better look. The sun was beginning to go down by now which gave him a rough estimate for himself to guess but asked anyways.

Glenn and T-Dog shared a look before the latter spoke up, ''A couple of hours.'' His voice came out more like a question. T-Dog nodded beside him, confirming his statement, ''Maybe more. She has to take a break soon right? I mean, she's been up there for hours, none stop.''

''Harley taking a break?'' Glenn scoffed, ''You have more chance of hugging Daryl than that ever happening.'' His words came out laced with frustration. He wanted nothing more than to get his sister to step back and rest but he knew her too well, there was no chance of that happening. It pained him to see her working herself to the blink of exhaustion, but what was worse was the pained look in her eye when he last tried speaking to her. His efforts came out useless and ended up with Harley snapping at him. He just wanted to help but he didn't know how.

''It's not helping with her doing all the work by herself'' Daryl snapped. The two beside him fell silent giving Daryl a chance to speak again. ''Why the hell is she doing it alone while you two idiots stand here staring at her?'' His sharp eyes narrowed between them making them look at the ground.

''She told us too''

Daryl whipped around to face T-Dog. ''What?'' He questioned.

Glenn sighed and ran a hand down his face, ''She told us to let her do it alone. I tried offering help but she threatened to stab me in the foot if I did'' It was an empty threat, an attempt to scare him away and while it worked, he knew his sister would never hurt him. She may come off as cold and hard but he knew she was a teddy bear at heart. But if he knew her heart was split into two while they were talking, there would be no one in the world to stop him from being next to her.

Daryl huffed in mild anger and without speaking a word in response, he trudged over to where the person of interest was. His footsteps came slower the closer he approached her. He stopped a safe distance away, not wanting to set her off. He could sense her hostility from a mile away and while she was a woman with a short fuse, so was he.

There were graves for the deceased members of the Greenes around him. All were buried on the top of the hill at the edge of the farm. Each grave for each walker that was loved and killed. But one caught his eye away from the rest. A much smaller grave with a makeshift cross, built from sticks. It was a small distance away from the Greenes but from the size of it, he knew who lay beneath the dirt. After a moment of staring, he looked away and towards Harley.