ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

I had some inspiration from people :)

It was the next morning, and after their make-out session, they quickly fell asleep in bed next to each other. When Harley awoke with an arm wrapped around her, she went into panic mode, but that quickly subsided when she noticed Maggie sleeping calmly next her. The small ray of sun that shone through the opening in the blinds fell on her face, and Harley couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked. Her hand slowly raised to trace the sleeping woman's cheek, but Harley paused when she stirred. In fear she might wake up, Harley hurriedly but quietly got out of bed, untangling herself from the twisted mass of limbs, slipping on her dirty shoes, not bothering to tie her laces until she was outside. She clumsily collected her jacket, bow, and arrows, remembering to put on the burgundy cap she'd grown to adore before stepping to the bedroom door. She grimaced as each footstep made a slight squeak from the old floors, but she managed to slip out without disturbing the sleeping beauty in bed.

It had only been a few hours since Harley had left the Greene household, and practically everyone was up and about doing chores or other things Harley didn't care about. She had taken over watch while everyone else was busy, deciding that some peace and quiet would be pleasant. She sat up slightly in her lawn chair as she noticed Rick frantically running around the shed. A few more crowded around him, all appearing as concerned. She couldn't see much from where she was, but she could hear them talking over one other in anxious cries; it wasn't until Rick called her name that she jumped down from the RV and went over. Rick kept calling Harley's name from within the shed, and she had to bite her lip to keep from snarking back.

''What's with the shouting?'' Harley said as she approached the group. She made a subconscious stop on Glenn's side, tightening her grip on her bow.

Rick walked out the shed, his face heated with stress, ''Randall's gone, he got out.'' Harley's eyes widened, and she peered inside the shed for confirmation; there was no way he could have slipped out. He was injured and tied up. ''No chance, kid can barely walk.''

''He's got nothing to lose'' Andrea retorted back.

''Door was secured from the outside'' Hershel pointed to the lock he was holding, scrutinising it for damage. That just heightened Harley's suspicions; she walked about the area looking for clues to the boy's disappearance, but came up empty-handed. Looking over her shoulder, she caught Daryl's eye, and it appeared they both felt the same way.

''Rick!'' Harley spins around along with the rest of the group. Shane bolted out of the woods, blood trickling from his nose.

''What happened?'' Lori asked, her concern growing once she sees the blood on his face.

Shane paid no attention to her, furiously walking past with his eyes fixed on Rick. ''He's armed; he has my gun.'' Harley's mind was filled with questions, including how the hell did he manage to take Shane down?

''Are you okay?'' Carl questioned.

''I'm fine, little bastard just snuck up on me, clocked me in the face.'' Shane was fuming, boiling with rage, so it seemed. Harley kept her eyes on him, even when others started firing questions

''You're telling me that he got the jump on you? Bullshit.'' She finally called out. There was no part of her that believed the story; nothing fit.

''You think I let this happen?!'' Shane was incensed. He gazed at her with frenzied eyes. Regardless, she let her temper get the best of her and bit back, ''Yeah, yeah I do. Doesn't seem to add up, though I may have to thank him for doing us all a favour, '' she said, nodding to his bloodied face. Shane appeared to only become angrier, if that was possible, but Rick intervened and blocked their line of sight before he could strike back. A hand grabbed Harley's and pulled her back, softly begging her to calm down.