Ch 17 : Unseen: Who Becomes the Emperor(2)

"Then next, we welcome Xiao Mei! Everyone knows our new star, from the laptop ad, right?" The host of the UWBE said cheering. The audience gave a huge round of applause as Xiao Mei, our Beatrice, entered the stage.

"Thank you for the warm welcome, Mr. Jang." Beatrice replied with a smile on her face courteously.

"How do you feel about coming to the UWBE? How are you going to feel about separating from your friends and family for about a month and live with strangers?"

"Strangers? They are the super popular stars we are talking about!" Beatrice answered with such enthusiasm that people couldn't help but laugh and find her adorable.

"Haha. Yes, of course they are famous but so are you, now aren't you?"

"Oh! I dare not compare myself! I have just participated in a few ads and modeled before while they are big shots of the entertainment industry." The humble attitude made her even more likeable while some other just agreed to her statement. She is not some huge star after all.

After a few more light bantering and likes, she was sent towards her next destination, the house she will be staying in with others.

********

"They must have a huge budget..." Beatrice mumble to herself in wonder as she saw the huge 2 story modern styled house. 

[Of course, this is a very popular reality show after all with prizes no less attractive. Many bigshots try their best to enter the show too.]

'Then how did this Xiao Mei get in? She got the offer instead of applying, right?'

[Her recent laptop ad gained momentum. It was unique plus the fact, her company tried their best to make her popular faster by trying their best. Hence, the show.]

'Cool.'

She entered the room with a sign saying "Miss Xiao Mei". The room was extremely beautiful with a single bed placed in the middle of the room facing the window showing exquisite scenery, a table and chair placed in the corner and a decent sized closet.

'Do you see this Ari? Although this can't be compared to the previous world's house, this house is for reality show? I don't think, Xiao Mei is getting special treatment then it means all the people participating has such a nicely spaced room. The maintenance must cost a fortune not to mention if someone damages something.'

[If you want to know the figure of money spent in this season, it is 300 million Crunks.]

'Crunks? Oh! Yes yes, this world's currency. Such an odd name. Haha.' 

Their laugh was cut short by an announcement through the PA system in the room.

"Participants of UWBE, please gather in the common room to hear the instructions together."

Each room has a PA system? Wow. Beatrice thought as she went towards the assigned destination.

She reached the common room to find 11 people already present there. Everyone was chatting amongst themselves. She could see small cliques had already been formed.

She sat down beside a man who was sitting by himself without talking to anyone. Since they have already formed groups, I should also befriend someone.

"Hello, Mr. Shi Qibai. I am Xiao Mei. I watched your recent drama, To Part with Her. I quite enjoyed it." Beatrice replied with an elegant smile. 

The man looked towards her when she mentioned his drama name. His eyes were sparkling from happiness but he controlled himself and replied with a polite nod and a quiet, "Nice to meet you."